Eurodam tipping

lovescats5

Just read a post where some tipped room service with a cash tip and candy bar. We have good friends who own a candy shop and where just wondering if this would be a good idea to bring some with us (as a fun extra, not in place of a $ tip) to room stewards, bartenders, room service stewards, etc while on the cruise. If there is anything else that could be used, in addition to $, I would be interested to hear about also.

Thanks for any and all replys.

My husband is Asian and said that many, many Asians do not care all that much for the over-sweetened foods that Americans and Europeans like.

On these boards, many years ago, I recall reading about a guest who gave some candy to a crew member (maybe WITH money or in lieu of, I don't know). Another passenger saw him thank the woman and then, after the woman closed her door, the employee pitched the candy in the trash.

This might not be the case with all crew members, but why bother if you don't know. You can't go wrong with cash!

I appreciate all your responses. Apparently I did not think thru what the down side could be. I was however, not trying to replace the tip with candy. I was just wondering if it would be more of a nice treat to add to a tip. I know people with peanut allergies and never thought of that. We will stick with cash and not worry about anything else.

Thanks again.

I appreciate all your responses. Apparently I did not think thru what the down side could be. I was however, not trying to replace the tip with candy. I was just wondering if it would be more of a nice treat to add to a tip. I know people with peanut allergies and never thought of that. We will stick with cash and not worry about anything else.

Thanks again.

For what it is worth, I understood that you were thinking of the candy as an ADD ON, not instead of the cash! ;)

My husband is Asian and said that many, many Asians do not care all that much for the over-sweetened foods that Americans and Europeans like.

On these boards, many years ago, I recall reading about a guest who gave some candy to a crew member (maybe WITH money or in lieu of, I don't know). Another passenger saw him thank the woman and then, after the woman closed her door, the employee pitched the candy in the trash.

This might not be the case with all crew members, but why bother if you don't know. You can't go wrong with cash!

This.

I'm an ABC - American Born Chinese and most of the Asian desserts and sweets are bland by American standards. When my relatives visited the US from Mainland China, they were shocked at how sweet we like things