Glory 6399 Balcony

StarOne1

Havent cruised in a few years and I've never been on Glory, just wondering if any either had this cabin before, a cabin near it or have knoweledge on this area. If so I would love to know if it's a quiet room and a good room overall

The general rule of thumb with motion is the lower and more central in the ship you are the less you feel the motion. So you are pretty mid ship so this is good.

As a side note: as someone that suffers from motion sickness very bad (I can get sick in the back seat of a car), if you are worried about this I always suggest looking into Sea Bands. They work amazing and are a great alternative to patches or pills. No side effects and work quickly. Sometimes with motion sickness medicine if you wait to take until you feel it, it can be too late and you are getting sick before the pill can take effect.

Thanks.

Also how about motion? Is it a stable part of the ship or should I be concerned about motion sickness!

We were in 6333 (interior) two years ago aboard the Conquest. Glory's sister ship, practically the same layout. The only time we felt motion in our room was at night. Our bed would rock ever so slightly...nice actually. In fact, we were in our room unpacking, didn't hear the horn blow, didn't feel the ship leave the port, and missed the sail-away party. LOL

We'll be on deck 6 (mid-ship) on Glory in June. We specifically picked deck 6 again this time because we liked it so much last time. Only 3 decks up to Lido, 3 decks down to the Lobby/Guest Services/Theater/MDR.

Nice. I talked to Carnival yesterday and they tried to change my room to the 10th deck, when I asked wouldn't that make me more likely to feel motion? His response was "Lol. No, you're all the way up, far away from the water"...either this guy was ignorant or a liar, either way I told him not to touch my room lol

Nice. I talked to Carnival yesterday and they tried to change my room to the 10th deck, when I asked wouldn't that make me more likely to feel motion? His response was "Lol. No, you're all the way up, far away from the water"...either this guy was ignorant or a liar, either way I told him not to touch my room lol
Yeah, he doesn't quite understand the physics of it. While it's true you tend to feel less motion the lower you go, my son and I had just the opposite experience on our first one. Like I said above, we couldn't feel motion in our room. We went exploring, went out on the top decks, all the way forward/aft and never had a problem. It wasn't until our first night sitting down to dinner in the MDR (mid-ship, 3rd deck) that we got a little nauseous. Seas were calm, so that wasn't a factor. But we each took a Bonine after dinner and were good the rest of the trip without any more meds. Just odd because we never got nauseous being on higher decks or while forward and aft, all places you should feel more motion, but did get nauseous in a place we should've felt the least motion.

We were in 6364 a few weeks ago on the Glory. Looks to be pretty much on the opposite side of the ship as your room. We liked the location; it was quiet and convenient. The one thing we wished was that we would have chosen a room on the starboard side because we were on the eastern itinerary so would have gotten more sun on our balcony. Otherwise, that deck was a good location and you're close to the stairs to quickly get up or down a few floors.

We had rocky seas leaving San Juan, and even though we were mid-ship, we could still feel the movement. You're on a ship, so if seas are rocky, you'll feel it everywhere, though it seemed less felt mid-ship. Neither of us have ever gotten seasick, but it was rocky enough that I took Bonine for the first time ever. Had no issues with the rockiness after that! We had steakhouse reservations that night and a couple dining next to us was not feeling well. Well, he was fine, but she was miserable. So pack seasick meds if you're prone.

Have a great time!

ETA: I also would not have wanted to move to a room on the 10th deck. I think those are all more forward rooms, so you would have felt more motion there. Stick with where you are!