Three Sea Days Between San Juan and New York: Your Advice?

aaaaa

Good day, We're considering an Oceania Insignia sailing that concludes with three consecutive sea days between San Juan and New York in January. We're wondering whether three days at sea might be a bit dull, particularly considering that the weather should be cold during the last two or so days of the trip. Your thoughts/advice?

Depends on what you like to do on sea days

You can go to the lectures, play bingo, trivia, maybe a wine or martini tasting (if available) read a book , watch a movie, play games, go to the spa, nap, lay by the pool, eat

Good day, We're considering an Oceania Insignia sailing that concludes with three consecutive sea days between San Juan and New York in January. We're wondering whether three days at sea might be a bit dull, particularly considering that the weather should be cold during the last two or so days of the trip. Your thoughts/advice?

Boring....is not being on the ship the reason you took a cruise? Your disconnected from the world and free to enjoy the pleasure of ocean travel, Hit Trivia, try the library Have a drink(s) at waves. take part in conversations with others, Enjoy being alive.

O is a very laid back cruise line with passengers who enjoy and can entertain themselves. Its not the carnival cruise set...

I love sea days and could care less about the ports... the journey is the pleasure

Liven things up by randomly showing up for meals naked.

Liven things up by randomly showing up for meals naked.

Be great if everyone does the same. But really like the sea days even if it may be a little cold outside. We just did the crossing from Barcelona in Dec. which had 6 sea days and it was wonderful. Only thing was the days at sea were warm so a lot of us were at the pool during the day. Still I would have no problem with 3 days from PR to NY. Go and have a great time.

Hi aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

>a...sailing that concludes with three consecutive sea days between San Juan and New York in January. We're wondering whether three days at sea might be a bit dull...

For some people.

As for me, "A bad day on the water is better than a good day on land".

Ira

"There is nothing — absolutely nothing — half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats".

I've never cruised as far north as New York in January, but, frankly, I wasn't able to sit out on our balcony while underway as we approached Miami from Caribbean itineraries. Do the math. The ship is cruising at its own speed and the wind is coming at the ship at its own speed. The two velocities combine so the wind hits with more force than the actual wind speed. I could often find a location around the pool that did a better job blocking the wind so I be could be outside. (Occasionally, the wind direction meant there was no sheltered outdoor location). That said, I find plenty to do indoors. If I wanted the sea view, Horizons on the R ships was a great place to be out of the wind and still see the scenery.