Private Tour Options at Cruise Port Dock

miss prairie girl

Good morning, The cruise ship tour we wanted is sold out. Are there some private tour options that we might consider at the cruise port dock on the morning that we are in Cartagena? Are there some reputable tour operators we might consider before we set sail? Recommendations gladly accepted. I am interested in history and DH cannot walk too far (about 1 km at a time). Thank you.

miss prairie girl:

As you exit the port there is a tour operator out there that you can negotiate with.

I didn't use them as I booked a private tour through my cruise line.

Be sure to check out Trip Advisor as I have found that a good source in many places to book private tours.

Keith

miss prairie girl:

As you exit the port there is a tour operator out there that you can negotiate with.

I didn't use them as I booked a private tour through my cruise line.

Be sure to check out Trip Advisor as I have found that a good source in many places to book private tours.

Keith

Thank you, Keith. And ......I have been enjoying your lovely photography on a few threads. Happy Sunday!

I would highly recommend doing a tour with Dora. We were just there and I had arranged a private tour with her. There were about 10 people on our tour and it was fabulous. She has a website and will answer your email very quickly. We did the old city tour and a few churches and a fort. The website is http://www.cartagenatour.com

The City is a beautiful safe place.

Have fun!

I second the motion for Dora....we were with her in January 18.

One caveat...she wanted to give us a nice, comprehensive tour of the city. We wanted the historic sites but passed on a tour of the high rise condo areas....instead the wive's found a way to while away a LOT of time shopping for deals on gold and emerald jewelry. (imagine that)

When the shopping was done, all that was left was time to motor our way back to the ship.

Dora gets 4 stars from us!!

I just posted about our great experience with Marelvy Tours on another thread. I’d highly recommend them ...very professional. I’d try to email them ASAP. We did a private tour but they do small groups also which you might be able to join.

Sent from my iPad using Forums