Insignia

fred 15

We were on from June 15 - July 1. Had a marvelous cruise. What do you want to know?

I'll be delighted to chat with you about your cruise. We'll be on Insignia August 4, our first time on an Oceania ship. I'm told the food is exceptional on this line, so may I ask if that was the case for you?

We were on from June 15 - July 1. Had a marvelous cruise. What do you want to know?

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be delighted to chat with you about your cruise. We'll be on Insignia August 4, our first time on an Oceania ship. I'm told the food is exceptional on this line, so may I ask if that was the case for you?

I am not the most gourmet of cruisers, but we thought the food was fine! (This was our 8th O cruise, so you can tell we like the line!) we generally eat in the Grand Dining Room, go to tea regularly, and enjoy some lunches at Waves, also. We appreciate the sugar free choices and Canyon Ranch Spa selections, and use them to balance our diet choices!

Here is my beloved Miso-Glazed Sea Bass...f65e452329c16cf522cde8bd4cd81379.jpg and this is a lovely dessert... 0d3bd31f54f7fbe338e94d0fada941ee.jpg - sugar free cappuccino mousse in a chocolate cup. Yum!

I love the seafood. Let me know if there is anything specific you would want to know about.

Donna

sorry I posted this...……………..just looking for opinions

let's forget it

:confused:You only want opinions from people on last week's cruise??

What about people on this week's sailing or is that not acceptable:confused:

strange post

We were on the July 1 - 15 "Caribbean Palette" cruise on the Insignia. We enjoyed the cruise - food was very good as usual. The cruise was memorable because the itinerary was changed to get us out of the way from Hurricane Beryl. Instead of going to St. Lucia and Dominica, the ship went to Trinidad, then we had 3 sea days going to Bermuda instead of the 2 days we would have had from Dominica. We felt that communication onboard about the change in itinerary was handled well. There were a couple of sea days with lots of motion to the ocean, but nothing that Oceania could do about that.

I am not the most gourmet of cruisers, but we thought the food was fine! (This was our 8th O cruise, so you can tell we like the line!) we generally eat in the Grand Dining Room, go to tea regularly, and enjoy some lunches at Waves, also. We appreciate the sugar free choices and Canyon Ranch Spa selections, and use them to balance our diet choices!

Here is my beloved Miso-Glazed Sea Bass...f65e452329c16cf522cde8bd4cd81379.jpg and this is a lovely dessert... 0d3bd31f54f7fbe338e94d0fada941ee.jpg - sugar free cappuccino mousse in a chocolate cup. Yum!

I love the seafood. Let me know if there is anything specific you would want to know about.

Donna

Love the photos. Thank you for your input, Donna.

Donna

The sea bass from Red Ginger was my favourite. Mind you l loved all the sea food when we were on Serina. We’re on Insignia in Sept and so looking forward to it.

Donna

We cruise the Insignia next week, departing 7/25. Did the CR Spa live up to expectations? Did you also eat at Toscana? We also love the afternoon teas.

I am prone to seasickness. Any thoughts/experiences with it on such a small ship?

We wear Seabands (acupressure wristbands) and carry Bonine, no problems with seasickness. If you are prone, I would suggest (as do many here) the midship cabins which have less motion.

Donna

We cruise the Insignia next week, departing 7/25. Did the CR Spa live up to expectations? Did you also eat at Toscana? We also love the afternoon teas.

Do you mean the spa itself? Or the CR Spa food? We like mixing the CR Spa menu with the other dishes to keep the calorie counts under control. As for the Spa itself - well, there are threads about that. If you have ship board credits, I would use those for Spa indulgences. The services are nice but VERY costly IMHO.

We skip Toscana for the most part. The food is nice, but we find the service to be incredibly slow and just too much food. Most folks love it and I would recommend if Italian cuisine is your thing!

You can’t go wrong with afternoon tea!

Donna

Do you mean the spa itself? Or the CR Spa food? We like mixing the CR Spa menu with the other dishes to keep the calorie counts under control. As for the Spa itself - well, there are threads about that. If you have ship board credits, I would use those for Spa indulgences. The services are nice but VERY costly IMHO.

We skip Toscana for the most part. The food is nice, but we find the service to be incredibly slow and just too much food. Most folks love it and I would recommend if Italian cuisine is your thing!

You can’t go wrong with afternoon tea!

Donna

Actually both - the food aspects for me and the spa services for my wife. This cruise is a birthday cruise for her which she picked more for the CR Spa (with lots of OBC)!

I have to agree with her that Canyon Ranch Spa is one of the very best at sea.

Actually both - the food aspects for me and the spa services for my wife. This cruise is a birthday cruise for her which she picked more for the CR Spa (with lots of OBC)!

I have to agree with her that Canyon Ranch Spa is one of the very best at sea.

And so I can say you will not be let down! Remember they have an 800 number and you can reserve stuff even before sailing, should you wish!

And so I can say you will not be let down! Remember they have an 800 number and you can reserve stuff even before sailing, should you wish!

I did not realize that; will let her know. I can feel the billfold in my pocket getting lighter:)

Where was your favorite breakfast place? (my favorite meal if done up right)

Were the CR meal options part of the regular menu items, or a separate menu? I don't remember that option from our Marina cruise.

Edited by DaKa2002
Add

Were the CR meal options part of the regular menu items, or a separate menu? I don't remember that option from our Marina cruise.

The CR dishes are listed on the left side of the dinner menu

Been there for years

You can view the sample menu at

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/grand-dining-room/

The CR dishes are listed on the left side of the dinner menu. Been there for years. You can view the sample menu at

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/grand-dining-room/

Thanks. Neither of us remembered that. What we do remember is the wonderful Rueben sandwiches at the Wave! It has been a number of years...

I did not realize that; will let her know. I can feel the billfold in my pocket getting lighter:)

Where was your favorite breakfast place? (my favorite meal if done up right)

We like breakfast in the Grand Dining Room. The dish of mixed berries... the freshly baked breads and pastries (chocolate croissants...yum!) ... eggs any way you like... egg special of the day... all kinds of pancakes ... and of course the best crispy bacon and, for gourmets, the grilled lamb chops! You can’t beat it in our book!