Cape Liberty to EWR

live2vayk

I have been searching boards, and surfing other sites for information, and I believe I have determined the best way for my party of 8 to obtain transportation to Newark from Cape Liberty after our cruise is to go to the cab line area, and there we will be able to pay a per person fee for a shuttle. BUT, the last information I saw on this was from a post from 2010. I know Cape Liberty has changed a lot since then. Just wondering if anyone can confirm for me that there is a "shuttle line" for transportation to Newark after the cruise, and that I do not have to pre arrange anything....? And if someone knows the approx. cost per person I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

I have been searching boards, and surfing other sites for information, and I believe I have determined the best way for my party of 8 to obtain transportation to Newark from Cape Liberty after our cruise is to go to the cab line area, and there we will be able to pay a per person fee for a shuttle. BUT, the last information I saw on this was from a post from 2010. I know Cape Liberty has changed a lot since then. Just wondering if anyone can confirm for me that there is a "shuttle line" for transportation to Newark after the cruise, and that I do not have to pre arrange anything....? And if someone knows the approx. cost per person I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

The shuttle is $20/pp. How are you getting to Cape Liberty?

Thank you! Glad it is still an option. That will be perfect. No need to pre arrange, correct? We are doing a repositioning cruise that starts in San Juan. It ends at Cape Liberty. Need to get to the airport from Cape Liberty, but we will not be boarding there.

• 4 months later...

My 84yr old mother and I will be traveling to Cape Liberty from Newark. Which is the best way to get there? I am so happy to hear there is a shuttle to get us back to the airport after the cruise but not sure the easiest way to get to the cruise.

Thank you for any information you can provide!!

My 84yr old mother and I will be traveling to Cape Liberty from Newark. Which is the best way to get there? I am so happy to hear there is a shuttle to get us back to the airport after the cruise but not sure the easiest way to get to the cruise.

Thank you for any information you can provide!!

I think Uber is worth considering. We used it for the first time recently from EWR to our hotel, hotel to Cape Liberty and from Cape Liberty back to EWR ... how easy it turned out to be. The shuttle line was long ... glad we avoided it after the cruise.

I think Uber is worth considering. We used it for the first time recently from EWR to our hotel, hotel to Cape Liberty and from Cape Liberty back to EWR ... how easy it turned out to be. The shuttle line was long ... glad we avoided it after the cruise.

Thank you so much for your quick response. I have the Uber app and use it locally but wasn't sure if they were allowed into the port. Our Uber drivers must pay a surcharge to enter our port here. We live 4 miles from Port Canaveral in Florida and seems a bit unfair to the drivers. Were you aware of any additional charges because of the destination being a port?

Thank you so much for your quick response. I have the Uber app and use it locally but wasn't sure if they were allowed into the port. Our Uber drivers must pay a surcharge to enter our port here. We live 4 miles from Port Canaveral in Florida and seems a bit unfair to the drivers. Were you aware of any additional charges because of the destination being a port?

No I don't remember their being any surcharge and there was no problem with them entering the port to drop off or pick up..Actually there were more Uber/Lyft cars coming/going there than anything else it seemed to us...all of our trips for this area was under $30.00 each time.

You're very welcome...glad I was able to help you in some small way.

Enjoy your trip.

No I don't remember their being any surcharge and there was no problem with them entering the port to drop off or pick up..Actually there were more Uber/Lyft cars coming/going there than anything else it seemed to us...all of our trips for this area was under $30.00 each time.

You're very welcome...glad I was able to help you in some small way.

Enjoy your trip.

Thank you again for your time!!!!