Carnival Valor Specialty Restaurants

travelling_txgal

Are any of the specialty restaurants on the Valor worth the money? I love seafood and wonder if the Seafood Shack is worth the extra money. Anyone tried it? If so, what was the cost for your meal? Also are there any other comparable, free seafood options that might fit the bill?

My wife did fish and chips at the seafood shack on Valor and said it was good, it was about 6 or 7 bucks. No other seafood option that I saw, unless you bring your own fishing pole:D

We did do the steak house, which was good. They offered a surf and turf (lobster and steak). $35 per person, but you are very full when you leave.

Are any of the specialty restaurants on the Valor worth the money? I love seafood and wonder if the Seafood Shack is worth the extra money. Anyone tried it? If so, what was the cost for your meal? Also are there any other comparable, free seafood options that might fit the bill?

Was on the Valor last week. Seafood shack is the way to go on Valor. Sujoy and Brent will take care of you. Excellent grilled shrimp, fried claims and raw oysters. Presentation and seasonings were on point. Get a drink, a table by the glass and enjoy what is heading your way...

We went to the steakhouse night one and it was hit miss. Both food and service. I have a problem paying an extra $70 for a hit and miss meal.

In the dining room the seafood has become more scarce. Some nights on our sailing only the salmon was offered.

That being said, we thought the food across the board on Valor was excellent.

However, the Seafood Shack shines...

We found the seafood shack to be hit or miss all on the same plate. I had the seafood platter and thought the clams and calamari were good and lightly breaded, but I thought the shrimp and fish were over battered and slightly greasy. I intended to try something else but never got back there during the cruise.

We found the seafood shack to be hit or miss all on the same plate. I had the seafood platter and thought the clams and calamari were good and lightly breaded, but I thought the shrimp and fish were over battered and slightly greasy. I intended to try something else but never got back there during the cruise.

At least that was a $10 hit and miss for you vs. $70 for me.

Agree regarding the fried shrimp. The grilled shrimp are fantastic. We did not have any fish. We had excellent raw oysters almost daily. Many were talking about the lobster rolls but we didnt have one.