Getaway Cabin 8738 HELP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

@Niquein99,

Resurrecting this thread as I found your photos doing a search for cabin 8138 on the Getaway :) Thanks for posting them!

Just booked this cabin for the April 2017 Transatlantic and hope you can answer a quick question for me?

Did you happen to have any cigarette smoke smell while out on the balcony from the deck below?

@Niquein99,

Resurrecting this thread as I found your photos doing a search for cabin 8138 on the Getaway :) Thanks for posting them!

Just booked this cabin for the April 2017 Transatlantic and hope you can answer a quick question for me?

Did you happen to have any cigarette smoke smell while out on the balcony from the deck below?

Hello! Only one morning out of my 7-day cruise did I have an issue with someone smoking on the deck below that cabin. It was early in the morning and this guy was out there smoking. Other than that, we really didn't have any more issues that week. I wasn't aware people could smoke on the deck below, but it did happen. Hope that helps!

• 1 year later...
We were in 8130 and the bed was by the balcony, so if the diagram is correct every other one is the same. Which would make 8134 also have the bed by the balcony.
Thanks for the info re 8130. I'm booked in this room for TA cruise in April and was wondering about it. I usually prefer mid ship rooms a bit higher up, but upgraded to 8130 because it had the bigger balcony and convenient location. Was the room quiet? What about motion of the ship? TIA Diane

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
No problem! Hope you'll love it as much as we did. The Getaway is fantastic! :D

Thanks soooo much for posting your review of the GA 8138. That balcony is ALL that! I’m definitely going to book it!

We are on the GA this Sunday in cabin 8738.. Very excited for the HUGE balcony!!! 👍😁

Be sure to share your experience and pics! Have a wonderful time! Happy sailing!🛳