When does SS pay for air tickets

bspill

We purchased air tickets through Silversea and can't get seat assignments since the tickets are not paid for by Silversea yet. Any experience as to how far in advance SS pays for air tickets? Since I paid for the air teservations over two months ago, I guess they just want to hold on to my money as along as possible.

Hi,

When SS pays for tickets has nothing at all to do with when you can reserve them. The question with respect to seat reservations regularly gets asked and you note is unclear as to whether you have bought a cruise with flights included or whether SS is making bespoke air travel arrangements for you.

In either case, you might find most or all of your questions answered in the thread, so once you've read through it, if you find anything not answerred by all means ask and I'm sure you'll receive help.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2554706

Good luck.

If you have received a listing of your flights from your TA look at the listing for the code for your airline. The confirmation code is included in the document. Next go to your airline on line and enter the confirmation code and that will allow you to change seats. My flights are not shown on my airline yet (Delta) but I can access by using the confirmation code.

I thought that I would chime in here based on our actual/currentexperience. We booked trip 2 weeks ago on voyage 5823 Spirit (Aug24) Copenhagen-Stockholm.This will be our 2nd Silversea cruise. The first being in 2010 alsoon the Spirt. We are using the same TA. Our final payment is due in 2 weeks totake advantage of the current promos (10% off and $1,000 ship credit). We livein US and we did upgrade to Business Class. Today our TA provided our flightinfo as well as seat assignments (Excited for upper deck on 747-8) to Europe.We are flying Lufthansa from IAD-CPH with change in Frankfurt and returnARN-IAD with change in Munich. We asked about a direct flight on SAS fromIAD-CPH and were told we could not do that as the cost was too much and it’snot part of the Silversky upgrade option. As has been previously mentioned hereusing the reservation locator code I am able to view the reservations on the airline site.

Thanks

Neilio

We purchased air tickets through Silversea and can't get seat assignments since the tickets are not paid for by Silversea yet. Any experience as to how far in advance SS pays for air tickets? Since I paid for the air teservations over two months ago, I guess they just want to hold on to my money as along as possible.

We had a problem with trying to upgrade on Delta and even 60 days prior to our cruise we were told Silversea hadn’t paid for our tickets yet. Then, later, when they were paid (around 30 days) Delta said due to the type of tickets booked by Silversea we couldn’t upgrade. We got our travel agent involved and she could only manage to get us upgraded to Delta Comfort on ONE out of four legs because everything was full. She further stated that you should always book in the class of tickets you prefer, such as Business class and never book coach hoping to upgrade. That’s why we like Regent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a problem with trying to upgrade on Delta and even 60 days prior to our cruise we were told Silversea hadn’t paid for our tickets yet. Then, later, when they were paid (around 30 days) Delta said due to the type of tickets booked by Silversea we couldn’t upgrade. We got our travel agent involved and she could only manage to get us upgraded to Delta Comfort on ONE out of four legs because everything was full. She further stated that you should always book in the class of tickets you prefer, such as Business class and never book coach hoping to upgrade. That’s why we like Regent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took the advice and called Delta. They gave me the confirmation number when I gave them the flight information. Was able to get seats finally.