Getaway Aft Balcony room

jomic

My Family ( 20 of us in all ) will be sailing on the Getaway 4/19. My Sister and I will be in cabins 12906 and 12908. First time in an aft cabin. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or pictures they could share of the Aft cabins on the Getaway.

Less than three weeks to go!! The whole Family is really excited.

Thanks

My Family ( 20 of us in all ) will be sailing on the Getaway 4/19. My Sister and I will be in cabins 12906 and 12908. First time in an aft cabin. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or pictures they could share of the Aft cabins on the Getaway.

Thanks

I'm so excited for you! I have no pictures to share, as I an set to sail on the Getaway in cabin 12906 in January 2015. I would be so appreciate it if you could take lots of pictures of "our" cabin and post them so I can see them. I love to see exactly where I'm going to be. :)

I have sailed in a aft cabin, on the Sun and it is amazing. I can't imagine booking any other cabin category than an aft facing cabin. I really can't express to you how spectacular it is.

If you are one that likes to start the morning out peacefully, with a breathtaking view, order room service the night before to have coffee and a light breakfast delivered to your room. Then enjoy that on your private balcony. Really, there is nothing like it.

A nice drink watching the sun go down from your own balcony is also quite spectacular. The sound of the water as you go along. The wide view of the night sky. The beautiful blue expanse of the ocean. Ahhh... I can't wait. :)

• 8 months later...

Thanks

Jomic--- how was your cruise? did you enjoy the balcony?? do you have photos from the balcony?? we are thinking of cruising in that same cabin for October 2015.

Thank you,

• 3 weeks later...
Jomic... what is the bed location for 12906? we are booked for June.

Mbaldriche--

FROM CRUISE CRITIC SEARCH....." We were in 12906 in July and had 2 chairs and 2 loungers. My brother was next door in 12908. It came with 2 chairs and 1 lounger, but our wonderful steward, Juana, quickly found a second (within 5 minutes of being asked and no $ changed hands). With any luck its still there. Enjoy!

12906 has bed near balcony, 12908 near closet."

That's all I've found so far, but I'd love a review of your cabin after your cruise if I could... I'm on this ship for my honeymon!!

Thanks!!

Here is a good YouTube video of Breakaway aft cabin 11312 showing both inside of cabin and balcony. Check out the view from the balcony looking up and down, No privacy issues!

Getaway should be the same. We had a cabin on deck 9 and the balcony was deeper!

We had 13908 and 13904 last summer, 13908 is an accessible so it was huge! Both balconies would have soot on them in the morning, but it was quickly cleaned each day, it was our first balconies, and first aft, and WE ARE HOOKED!

Stepping out there and seeing and hearing that wake, amazing! I put a gopro on the glass and filmed our port entries and exits them turned them into time lapse video. Every time we came to the cabin we just had to step out there and stare for a minute, and coffee every morning on the back porch!

I just recently booked the Getaway for end of June and there was no debate, we are aft again this time on 11, 11914 and 11314, hoping the lower deck will be a little less sooty, but it wasn't that big or a deal.

• 1 month later...
I'm so excited for you! I have no pictures to share, as I an set to sail on the Getaway in cabin 12906 in January 2015. I would be so appreciate it if you could take lots of pictures of "our" cabin and post them so I can see them. I love to see exactly where I'm going to be. :)

I have sailed in a aft cabin, on the Sun and it is amazing. I can't imagine booking any other cabin category than an aft facing cabin. I really can't express to you how spectacular it is.

If you are one that likes to start the morning out peacefully, with a breathtaking view, order room service the night before to have coffee and a light breakfast delivered to your room. Then enjoy that on your private balcony. Really, there is nothing like it.

A nice drink watching the sun go down from your own balcony is also quite spectacular. The sound of the water as you go along. The wide view of the night sky. The beautiful blue expanse of the ocean. Ahhh... I can't wait. :)

Can you share your cabin and balcony pics?

Thank you!!

Mbaldriche--

FROM CRUISE CRITIC SEARCH....." We were in 12906 in July and had 2 chairs and 2 loungers. My brother was next door in 12908. It came with 2 chairs and 1 lounger, but our wonderful steward, Juana, quickly found a second (within 5 minutes of being asked and no $ changed hands). With any luck its still there. Enjoy!

12906 has bed near balcony, 12908 near closet."

That's all I've found so far, but I'd love a review of your cabin after your cruise if I could... I'm on this ship for my honeymon!!

Thanks!!

i was on the Epic and some of the balcony's opened up to the neighboring balcony if friend or family was booked in there, and I was wondering if the balconies in the aft were all separated, or could the cabin steward open up the partition between the two???

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thank you so much for the photo! I see many reviews of this cabin and the aft deck 12 but cant seem to locate any cabin photos. Does anybody have anymore? I hope you all had a great time and I cant wait to go in May 2019!!!!