Our day in Saint John on Serenade 9/17 cruise = just walked around

home-mom

For our day in Saint John we walked off the ship into a huge tent full of vendors. We shopped around and then left to walk down the end of the street to Market Square where we shopped some more and enjoyed some Tim Hortons coffee and donuts. We walked over to Barbour's General Store and then across the street to the Beaver Tails food trailer. (We sure miss eating these when we go to Canada in EPCOT).

IMG_0110_zpsdcyvaw19.jpg

We walked around King's Square and headed back to the ship. It was an easy day for us and a very easy town to walk around.

IMG_0219_zpssxf21ox9.jpg

were there many hills? gf has bum knee. we have nothing planned as of yet and maybe will just fly by the seat of our pants

Walking down the main street to market square and around the indoor mall and to the general store was all fairly flat. Some side streets were hilly though.

• 4 weeks later...

Was there much historical or noteworthy buildings or monuments that you remember? Or anything memorable, interesting to you? We are thinking of just walking around as well on that day since this is a port we have visited before. We did an excursion the last time and I'm sure we could do another but would love to have a relaxing day but still get to experience the town.

Was there much historical or noteworthy buildings or monuments that you remember? Or anything memorable, interesting to you? We are thinking of just walking around as well on that day since this is a port we have visited before. We did an excursion the last time and I'm sure we could do another but would love to have a relaxing day but still get to experience the town.

We did a kayak excursion, but on the way the guide pointed out an old bank and another old building in the town with gargoyle faces that had an interesting story. I don't know if they have signs along the street describing the buildings, but there was some nice older architecture. I think Saint John also had the interesting people sculptures, and a historic farmers market. There is a nice Irish pub near the port too that was part of our pub crawl excursion in 2012 through Carnival/Moosehead

• 3 months later...