Live aboard Getaway

shanefm3

I think the insect got past the chefs was that until you cut open the lettuce , you couldn’t see it. I honestly thought it was bacon first !!!!

Anyway, i Heard from NCL and they offered me a couple hundred dollars towards another cruise. Probably won’t use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I will be on the Getaway (our second NCL cruise) in June. I've read elsewhere that prime rib is only served in the main dining room(s) a couple times during the week. I want to make reservations for specialty dining, but don't want to book on one of those nights. Did you notice if this is the case?

Thanks for any help or insight on how to find out.

Steve

My wife and I will be on the Getaway (our second NCL cruise) in June. I've read elsewhere that prime rib is only served in the main dining room(s) a couple times during the week. I want to make reservations for specialty dining, but don't want to book on one of those nights. Did you notice if this is the case?

Thanks for any help or insight on how to find out.

Steve

Yes, it was served twice on our Getaway cruise, but I can’t remember what nights. I think 1st and last.

I think the insect got past the chefs was that until you cut open the lettuce , you couldn’t see it. I honestly thought it was bacon first !!!!

Anyway, i Heard from NCL and they offered me a couple hundred dollars towards another cruise. Probably won’t use it

...bacon first"

Pre or post chew.

So you're finished with cruising.

So sorry this happened....no one should experience something so traumatic that it ends cruising for them forever.

...bacon first"

Pre or post chew.

So sorry this happened....no one should experience something so traumatic that it ends cruising for them forever.

By the way we sail on the Getaway next Sunday 2/25/18!

How generous of them! They essentially gave you a coupon so you can spend more money with them on another cruise. Hopefully your next salad will be insect fee. You sure are lucky!

Did you learn the backstory on the large population of young Asians on board? There were certainly a lot of them and I never was able to chat with one to see if there were all together or or there were several groups.

After seeing them in the buffet late each night, all seeming to be studying, Someone in our group asked them and was told they were brainstorming to come up with a new company comparable to amazon.

...bacon first"

Pre or post chew.

I’m not sure what I’m doing but won’t be jumping onboard NCL for a while . Im aware it could happen anywhere, but it didn’t , it happened at NCL. There’s plenty of places to see and go to, nbd if it’s on a cruise or not .

• 1 month later...
I had something similar happen 3 years ago on the Oasis. I was served my glass of Chardonnay in the MDR with a bug in it. The server didn’t even notice it! I pointed it out, was given another glass, and had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for me in my cabin, also.

Was it a cockroach?:eek:

Man, that american cockroach incident really left me stunned. I am pretty sure I have downed some roaches and bugs on some of the cruises I have taken, but at least I did not see them or feel them. Also, if it helps for the future, UBP helps to forget such a disgusting experience. I'll check my salads from now on. And you better believe it, I am making a stink if this happens to me. To the point they'll have to give me what I believe you deserve, a free 6-7 day cruise.

• 4 months later...
Man, that american cockroach incident really left me stunned. I am pretty sure I have downed some roaches and bugs on some of the cruises I have taken, but at least I did not see them or feel them. Also, if it helps for the future, UBP helps to forget such a disgusting experience. I'll check my salads from now on. And you better believe it, I am making a stink if this happens to me. To the point they'll have to give me what I believe you deserve, a free 6-7 day cruise.

This thread was linked recently and I realize it's an older discussion, but...

Seriously? Because of a bug in produce that grows in dirt outside? You think that warrants a free week-long cruise? Yes, it's gross. Yes, it would probably ruin my appetite. Yes, the server or whoever was alerted to the issue should have done the whole, "oh, I'm so sorry!" schpiel and alerted their supervisor who should remind the kitchen that they need to keep their eyes open for tagalong "guests" in the fresh produce. But that is it. Do you realize the FDA has allowable things like rodent hair in your peanut butter (1 hair allowed per 100g of product) and 224 bug "parts" are allowed in 250g of pasta. Those are just two of the many gross things that we are probably better off not knowing.