Splendida Yacht Club

4nutty

Certainly will! Can make a huge difference to the whole experience.

Thank you so much! It's so true. We reckon that knowing so many of the crew on Meraviglia on one of the first sailings - including Luigi, the YC m'D - contributed greatly to our enjoyment. We were looked after so well by every single one that we knew; it made us feel really special.

I have another request: Can you let me know if there is a smoking area in the Top Sail Lounge, please?

Bon Voyage. I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there is, well there was last June when we were last on board Splendida, it’s just on the port side of the Top Sail lounge.

I will report back after the 18th March when we are home.

Thank you so much! It's so true. We reckon that knowing so many of the crew on Meraviglia on one of the first sailings - including Luigi, the YC m'D - contributed greatly to our enjoyment. We were looked after so well by every single one that we knew; it made us feel really special.

I have another request: Can you let me know if there is a smoking area in the Top Sail Lounge, please?

Bon Voyage. I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

Bea - We mentioned you to Luigi last week, he thought it was nice that you'd talked about him ;)

P.S I was going to send you a PM to thank you for all your Meraviglia YC posts, but they've removed the ability to do that.. your comments (along with others) made us upgrade and we REALLY enjoyed ourselves, so thank you!

Bea - We mentioned you to Luigi last week, he thought it was nice that you'd talked about him ;)

P.S I was going to send you a PM to thank you for all your Meraviglia YC posts, but they've removed the ability to do that.. your comments (along with others) made us upgrade and we REALLY enjoyed ourselves, so thank you!

Oh .... thank you so much, Babyeddiedog. I'm thrilled you had such a great time. I appreciate you passing along my regards to Luigi - he was such a sweetheart!

Yes there is, well there was last June when we were last on board Splendida, it’s just on the port side of the Top Sail lounge.

I will report back after the 18th March when we are home.

I look forward to reading it - hopefully soon after as we're onboard on the 31st.

They didn't have a smoking area in TSL on Meraviglia but they've had it on the 3 Fantasia-class ships when we've sailed in YC, including on Splendida. I was just wondering if they'd changed the policy. It they had it last June, then I'm sure they still have a smoking area.

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived home last night, had a lovely week onboard, the dining room experience was the best we have had yet in YC, mainly due to the fabulous MD Vincenzo,very amicable chap who does his job extremely well & the sommelier, Mauricio, looked after us & spoilt us rotten.

If anything we were a tad disappointed with the Butler, we actually had to ask who he was as there had been no introduction by the second day! However we were looked after up on deck, especially by Adam, who was lovely & very genuine.

Smoking area is still in the lounge, just off to the port side as before.

Hope you have a fab time, I’m sure you will. :D

Thank you so much for reporting back. Delighted to hear how good your dining experience was. By any chance do you know if the m'D and/or sommelier will still be on in April? I'm not familiar with their names but it sounds like they're terrific guys which we're hoping we'll experience, too! (Some m'Ds can be a bit - stiff!)

DH will be pleased to hear that there's (still) a smoking area in TSL.

Did you get the head butler's name?

I'm really hoping we do! :) Thanks to both you and CruisingFox I feel very encouraged to believe that things will be great onboard. :cool:

I have one more question. It's about the cabin - was there a large mirror on the wall opposite the bed or has it been removed and replaced with anything, such as a tapestry? CF has reported that this was the case in her cabin.

Sorry for the delay, been trying to catch up at work...

The mirror is still there however the glass has been covered, you now have a picture of trees & birds, with an oriental theme. The mirror was much better in my opinion the picture makes the room slightly darker but it’s not that bad.

Enjoy your cruise.

Although there's limited wall space that wouldn't overlook the bed in 'steerage' a full length mirror could've been installed inside one of the wardrobe doors. Hidden but available there. Although the lighting wouldn't be very good inside the YC walk in wardrobe it would be better that not at all.

I do like to do a final check before going out!