Britannia coffee? Costa?

Dirky

On the Azura a few years ago there was a Costa 'shop' I think it was near the Atrium area.

The kids found it great for a hot chocolate and we enjoyed a few coffees there.

Does anybody know if a similar coffee chain shop, will be on board the Britannia?

The P&O coffee package is only for Costa, but doesn't (or didn't) include the flavoured ones with syrup so I only bought it once as those are the ones I prefer.

Sorry, thought he was talking about coffee as part of a P&O drinks package for espresso based drinks in the MDR etc.

Really not a fan of Costa onboard, but then again on land it's my least favourite also, would always prefer Caffe Nero or a good independent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy a Costs card with 10 coffees for £21.50. Normal price is £23.

Brian

There is really no incentive for a £1.50 saving!

You may not get around to having coffee number 10 then you have lost out.

But I thought coffees prices were different as in an Americano is less than a Cappuccino?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked up the current prices on the website and prices have increased since last December and 10 cappuccinos would now be £23.50 so the card would save you £2. There are differences in prices between different coffees.

Here is what the card covers

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package

This is the price of coffees

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/po_coffee_bar1.pdf

Note if you went for Americano you would lose out with a card.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

• 3 weeks later...

Ordinary coffee is include in the restaurant and buffet. Costa Coffee is available in certain venues on most (all?) ships and costs extra.

It's great really, because I expect you can close your eyes and make believe you are in your local petrol station! I don't know whether you can get it in the cardboard cup to get the full effect, but I expect so.

Not exactly an upmarket choice by P&O in my view, though I expect we'll drink it at times on our next cruise.

Costa Coffee is brought to you by Whitbread, the owner of such brands as Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre. Whitbread is no longer a brewer.

Tony

Ordinary coffee is include in the restaurant and buffet. Costa Coffee is available in certain venues on most (all?) ships and costs extra.

It's great really, because I expect you can close your eyes and make believe you are in your local petrol station! I don't know whether you can get it in the cardboard cup to get the full effect, but I expect so.

Not exactly an upmarket choice by P&O in my view, though I expect we'll drink it at times on our next cruise.

Costa Coffee is brought to you by Whitbread, the owner of such brands as Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre. Whitbread is no longer a brewer.

Tony

Yes and they are one of those brands that you are kicking yourself for not buying shares in some time ago along with Greggs.

• 2 years later...

Hi All

An update re costa coffee card aboard P & O. Just spoke to customer service, although they couldn't tell me the price of an Americano they said it would be the same as Costa High street stores.

You only get a primo sized coffee with the pre paid Costa card i.e. 10 coffees for £22.00, 2.20 each...High street price for a Primo Americano £1.95....!! Go figure as our trans atlantic cousins would say. In addition you do not get any loyalty discount when purchasing a coffee card either. So Ive just cancelled my coffee cards for our upcoming cruises on board Britannia.

The P&O coffee package is only for Costa, but doesn't (or didn't) include the flavoured ones with syrup so I only bought it once as those are the ones I prefer.

I had coffee card on Oriana and when I wanted a syrup with coffee was just charged the 50p extra and 1 coffee taken from 10 on the card

I remember when no charge's were made for anything on board food & drink wise. Sorry just an old fa--t.

Choose your bar selling Costa carefully and get a free cake with every coffee. Makes the coffee a much better deal, provided you want cake.

Choose your bar selling Costa carefully and get a free cake with every coffee. Makes the coffee a much better deal, provided you want cake.

The cakes and sandwiches are only available from the Costa outlet. The coffee is available elseshere, but the 'free' cakes are only from the Java cafe.