I just booked the Seaside

luvabargain

Yep! Despite allllllll the negative reviews I've been reading about over the last 6 weeks, I have booked a Bella Balcony on the Seaside for August of this year. There's nothing I've read that would prevent me from having a good vacation, irritation on some things - yes, but nothing that would deter me from having a good time.

I've only cruised Carnival, and I love them, but I'm ready to try out some new cruise-lines. Not only did I book MSC, I also booked RCI. I have the vacation time, and since we are flying to Miami anyway, I figured why not look for a 3-5 day trip, and I found a RCI 4 day cruise that was cruising at the right time for the right price, so we will be going on that and arriving back in port a day prior to the Seaside cruise.

Not only are the 2 cruise-lines new to me, the port of Miami is as well. I've never cruised out of FL and we usually just drive to the port, so this will be an all new experience for us. It took some convincing to get the hubby to give up Carnival and to fly this time, and I thought he was going to lose it when I told him we would be going on 2 cruises. Ok - I let him think he had a choice - hee hee. He actually was totally fine with it once he figured out that the costs weren't going to be over our usual vacation budget.

So now, we are excited. I have also never booked a cruise this far out, yes I know it's only 6 months, but 3 1/2 months is the farthest out that I've booked in the past.

You have the absolutely perfect screen name to enjoy Seaside!! Seriously, it's a great value oriented vacation!! I'm still considering Seaside because I know what to expect, and the prices keep dropping. It's hard to book something else when this beautiful new ship is 50% less.

I don't think CC likes prices discussions, but you have seen where Seaside is going for $499 for a BALCONY in August right (and that is before all the other TA and loyalty perks kick in)? If you have just booked today there is probably a chance to reprice. Also, if you match status with Carnival you can most likely get an extra 5% if you haven't yet. Just trying to help :)

Yep! Despite allllllll the negative reviews I've been reading about over the last 6 weeks, I have booked a Bella Balcony on the Seaside for August of this year. There's nothing I've read that would prevent me from having a good vacation, irritation on some things - yes, but nothing that would deter me from having a good time.

I've only cruised Carnival, and I love them, but I'm ready to try out some new cruise-lines. Not only did I book MSC, I also booked RCI. I have the vacation time, and since we are flying to Miami anyway, I figured why not look for a 3-5 day trip, and I found a RCI 4 day cruise that was cruising at the right time for the right price, so we will be going on that and arriving back in port a day prior to the Seaside cruise.

Not only are the 2 cruise-lines new to me, the port of Miami is as well. I've never cruised out of FL and we usually just drive to the port, so this will be an all new experience for us. It took some convincing to get the hubby to give up Carnival and to fly this time, and I thought he was going to lose it when I told him we would be going on 2 cruises. Ok - I let him think he had a choice - hee hee. He actually was totally fine with it once he figured out that the costs weren't going to be over our usual vacation budget.

So now, we are excited. I have also never booked a cruise this far out, yes I know it's only 6 months, but 3 1/2 months is the farthest out that I've booked in the past.

Thats awesome!! Tell your husband not to fret.... The Glory and possibly Vista (if she's on the 8 day itinerary) will be docked at Miami port when you board the Seaside. So he can still get a bit of a Carnival fix!

MSC is superior to Carnival.

Also, if you match status with Carnival you can most likely get an extra 5% if you haven't yet. Just trying to help :)

I did a status match, received a 5% and then found that as a government employee, I got a 10% discount so they repriced!!:D

I booked the Seaside for Dec. 15th

You have the absolutely perfect screen name to enjoy Seaside!! Seriously, it's a great value oriented vacation!! I'm still considering Seaside because I know what to expect, and the prices keep dropping. It's hard to book something else when this beautiful new ship is 50% less.

I don't think CC likes prices discussions, but you have seen where Seaside is going for $499 for a BALCONY in August right (and that is before all the other TA and loyalty perks kick in)? If you have just booked today there is probably a chance to reprice. Also, if you match status with Carnival you can most likely get an extra 5% if you haven't yet. Just trying to help :)

I have been keeping an eye open every day for price drops and never saw the $499/balcony. We booked at $579 which is still a great price, but I'm all for price-dropping and saving every bit I can. How do you match status with Carnival? I guess I should have gone with a TA this time, but I didn't since I searched and didn't see any offering OBC or extra perks at the time of booking. The week prior there were better deals, but hubby didn't have his vacation days squared away yet and I didn't want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak.

I did a status match, received a 5% and then found that as a government employee, I got a 10% discount so they repriced!!:D

I booked the Seaside for Dec. 15th

Can you tell me how you did that? They had that option when I first started looking in Jan/early Feb, but when I was ready to book it wasn't there. Hubby and I are both Fed.

I have been keeping an eye open every day for price drops and never saw the $499/balcony. We booked at $579 which is still a great price, but I'm all for price-dropping and saving every bit I can. How do you match status with Carnival? I guess I should have gone with a TA this time, but I didn't since I searched and didn't see any offering OBC or extra perks at the time of booking. The week prior there were better deals, but hubby didn't have his vacation days squared away yet and I didn't want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak.

The 579 was an advertised base price. With MSc most get an additional 5% off for status match. Government employees get 10% (very nice of msc- thank you very much :)). Nearly any travel agent will rebate another 5-15% in reduced fare and obc or a combo of both. Agencies with groups always have extra incentives.

At $579 for a balcony during peak times it’s still a very nice price, but you can probably switch your reservation to an agent for additional savings! I’d call MSc to find out their policy on moving reservations. And make sure you get agencies to compete for your business. Of course, it helps that I’m very low maintenance for the three agencies I normally work with so they know I wont require hand holding.

Oh, and don’t forget that most of the bigger agencies have repeat loyalty obc. I have loyalty with three different agencies (so much for being loyal lol). Each give me an additional $50 in obc for being a repeat customer on top of the best deal I can negotiate.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me how you did that? They had that option when I first started looking in Jan/early Feb, but when I was ready to book it wasn't there. Hubby and I are both Fed.

Email :

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

Include the booking number In the subject line. Attach photo id... explain that u want the 10 percent civil service discount... U may have already received the 5 percent for the voyagers club... they just reduce the price... took about 1 week the last time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

That's Awesome. I'm going on the Seaside in 3 weeks. I have been reading some of the negative reviews also and I'm not letting it sway me. I've been on 23 cruises primarily the big 3, Royal Caribbean-Carnival-Norwegian, and I have never been on a bad cruise. An open mind, and time to relax. Thanks for the post.

Hey BermudaBound, I'm new to cruise critic and was wondering how you got the cruise profile chart. That's great