Getaway - Vibe questi0n

cruizecrazygramma

• 2 weeks later...
Do you still get vibe passes at guest services on the Getaway or has it moved to headliners like the Escape? Ive read conflicting threads.

Just got off getaway and all passes were gone at 11:30. I found out from other Haven guess that people from the Haven had gotten vibe passes as well. Seems so unfair since they already have a spot reserved for them. Kinda greedy actually. They shouldn't be able to get them until everyone else has boarded.

Two wheels only, Well then they just shouldn't be allowed to have both. What since does that make. More people will have a more enjoyable cruise than just the Haven guest.

Should the same apply to spa users? Should they not be allowed both?

Two wheels only, Well then they just shouldn't be allowed to have both. What since does that make. More people will have a more enjoyable cruise than just the Haven guest.

The Haven does not have an adult only sundeck. If Haven guests want an adult only area in the sun that isn't crowded, they have the option to purchase VIBE passes just like everyone else who wants the same thing.

It makes no sense to deny a Haven guest or any other guest from buying a VIBE pass. The passes are first come/first serve. Some people have to fly in and get to the port later than those who drive to port. Is it "unfair" to those who fly in?

As long as passes are limited, there will always be people who get there 2 seconds after the last pass is sold.

I agree that Haven guests shouldn't be in Vibe, but I doubt NCL has any right to make/enforce that rule. Frankly, I don't see the point of paying all that money for Haven and then seeking out a Vibe pass. I assume that Vibe especially appeals to adults traveling without children. If that is the case, instead of spending that money on the Haven, book a sailing on a premium or luxury line. Just my opinion.

I agree that Haven guests shouldn't be in Vibe, but I doubt NCL has any right to make/enforce that rule. Frankly, I don't see the point of paying all that money for Haven and then seeking out a Vibe pass. I assume that Vibe especially appeals to adults traveling without children. If that is the case, instead of spending that money on the Haven, book a sailing on a premium or luxury line. Just my opinion.

There's no reason to deny Haven guests from getting VIBE passes.

For someone paying Haven prices, $100 pp isn't a big expense. Some Haven adults without kids want an exclusive adult only sun deck but also want to have fun (water slides, zip lines, etc). The luxury lines don't provide everything that those guests want. Haven plus VIBE is what those guests want and if they are willing to pay for it, they will.

If a bus load of non-Haven guests showed up to port early one morning and purchased all of the remaining VIBE passes, would people who didn't get passes complain about those guests? If people want to blame someone for the process, it's NCL who is to blame, not the guests who get passes.

There's no reason to deny Haven guests from getting VIBE passes.

For someone paying Haven prices, $100 pp isn't a big expense. Some Haven adults without kids want an exclusive adult only sun deck but also want to have fun (water slides, zip lines, etc). The luxury lines don't provide everything that those guests want. Haven plus VIBE is what those guests want and if they are willing to pay for it, they will.

If a bus load of non-Haven guests showed up to port early one morning and purchased all of the remaining VIBE passes, would people who didn't get passes complain about those guests? If people want to blame someone for the process, it's NCL who is to blame, not the guests who get passes.

Agree to disagree. I can't help but think it is a little greedy to get both.

Hello everyone

I am going nuts trying to find out the prices for VIBE passes on the Escape and info from NCL website.. Can anyone give me a link or information about it... Is it per day or do you book the whole time.

Thanks

Sylvie

Just because someone chooses not to be in the Haven doesn't mean that it is a big expense for them either. I choose not to be in the Haven for the reason the Haven guest are getting vibe passes. I don't want to be in that pool area with a bunch of kids that makes it not worth the money to me.

Just because someone chooses not to be in the Haven doesn't mean that it is a big expense for them either. I choose not to be in the Haven for the reason the Haven guest are getting vibe passes. I don't want to be in that pool area with a bunch of kids that makes it not worth the money to me.

My post about cost was a reply to a post which mentioned not seeing the point of paying for the Haven then seeking VIBE passes. There is a point as I have stated.

If Haven guests want the same thing that you want (an area that is exclusive and child free), VIBE is going to appeal to them.

Banning Haven guests from getting VIBE passes won't happen nor should it. Those with priority boarding (whether Haven or not) have a better chance of getting passes. Even if Latitude status is used as a basis for boarding priority after Haven, CAS, etc., some will miss out.

It will never be something for everyone who wants it. Some who want will do without.

My post about cost was a reply to a post which mentioned not seeing the point of paying for the Haven then seeking VIBE passes. There is a point as I have stated.

If Haven guests want the same thing that you want (an area that is exclusive and child free), VIBE is going to appeal to them.

Banning Haven guests from getting VIBE passes won't happen nor should it. Those with priority boarding (whether Haven or not) have a better chance of getting passes. Even if Latitude status is used as a basis for boarding priority after Haven, CAS, etc., some will miss out.

It will never be something for everyone who wants it. Some who want will do without.

As a previous post stated we will have to agree to disagree whether Haven guess should be able to get priority in getting vibe passes. If NCL only cares about guest with priority it is their loss in having more people be satisfied on their cruises. I guess greed is human nature and the Haven guess can not be held to a high standard.

If NCL only cares about guest with priority it is their loss in having more people be satisfied on their cruises.

From NCL's perspective, it doesn't matter who buys the passes. The cost is the same for everyone. If there are 75 passes, it doesn't matter if all 75 go to Haven guests or if all 75 go to people who book inside guarantee. It is going to be 75 people in either case. There is no "loss".

I guess greed is human nature and the Haven guess can not be held to a high standard.

It isn't greed. Is a person in a mini-suite being greedy by taking more space than a person in an inside? No. There are options that are available to everyone and people choose (and pay for) what they want. That isn't greed. VIBE passes are available to everyone but they are limited in number. You were the one who suggested that Haven guests shouldn't be allowed to purchase VIBE passes. No Haven guest has suggested that non-Haven guests shouldn't be allowed to purchase passes. I would disagree with anyone who suggests that certain guests "shouldn't be allowed" to purchase passes that are available to everyone.

If you were person 76 in line and missed out on the 75 passes, were the people in front of you "greedy"? No, they just got there before you did. There's no reason to have any animosity towards the people in front of you whether they are Haven guests or not. They wanted the same thing that you did. As stated, Haven guests do not have what VIBE guarantees (limited number, adult-only), so Haven guests are not being "greedy". Stating that it is "...so unfair since they already have a spot reserved for them..." makes it seem like the Haven sundeck and VIBE are the same thing. They are not. They are similar just as Spice H2O and VIBE are similar. If a Haven guest who arrived too late to get a VIBE pass said "Non-Haven guests already have Spice H2O so they shouldn't be allowed to buy VIBE passes...", I'd disagree with that person, too.

A non-Haven guest who is too late to get passes shouldn't blame Haven guests even though "...Haven people already have something similar..."..

A Haven guest who arrives too late to get passes shouldn't blame non-Haven guests even though "..Non-Haven people already have something similar..."..

Greed is on the part of person who has priority taking advantage of something that is first come first serve ensuring that others will not have access to a reserved area.

Some people can drive to the port and get there at 6 am to ensure that they get an early boarding number. Other people have to fly and will arrive later. Is it "taking advantage..." by the people who can drive? Are those who drive being "greedy"? No.

For some, priority boarding is a perk. Some people get to board sooner. Once on-board, they can do whatever they are allowed to do. Should those with priority wait until general boarding begins and THEN head to Guest Services? That doesn't make sense.

I guess now would be a bad time to mention that some Haven guests get passes without even going to Guest Services. Some walk up to the concierge and the concierge pulls a couple of passes out of his/her pocket or calls downstairs to have a few passes held. ;) (doesn't always work, though)