Any Feedback for Jimmy & Tanya Curtis (Volunteer Point Falkland Island Excursion)

alert

Our ship Emerald Princess will be visiting Volunteer Point on March 6 2018. It seems that most of the tours/excursions are full already. Jimmy & Tanya Curtis has spaces available. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this company? Thanks so much.

Jimmy & Tanya Curtis - email: jim.tan@horizon.co.fk

curtis@volunteerpointtours.com

https://m.facebook.com/volunteerpointtours

• 2 months later...
Our ship Emerald Princess will be visiting Volunteer Point on March 6 2018. It seems that most of the tours/excursions are full already. Jimmy & Tanya Curtis has spaces available. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this company? Thanks so much.

Jimmy & Tanya Curtis - email: jim.tan@horizon.co.fk

curtis@volunteerpointtours.com

https://m.facebook.com/volunteerpointtours

We have booked with Jimmy Curtis for our tour to Volunteer Point in January. I can certainly give a review afterwards.

We have booked with Jimmy Curtis for our tour to Volunteer Point in January. I can certainly give a review afterwards.

We also booked Jimmy Curtis for our March cruise and a review will be really helpful for us too. Can you give us an rough idea as to when in January we should check for the review. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about Jimmy Curtis but what I can tell you is that all the tour companies that go out to Volunteer Point all end up at the same spot and typically travel in groups in case a vehicle gets stuck. We went with Estancia but saw all the other tour companies. We were there Jan 2017. It was the spectacular to see all the Kings! Getting out to the point is part of the adventure. The drivers go up and down hills, over mossy bogs, thru some previously made tracks and in some cases blazed new trails. If Jimmy Curtis is the only one available still take him. You won't be disappointed. As I understand it because Volunteer Point is private land there are only a few companies that are allowed out there and they have to meet certain requirements. Enjoy!

I agree with the last poster. We were in the Falklands last month.

As far as I know all the tours to Volunteer Point are essentially the same and they do travel in convoys, due to many vehicles getting stuck. The vehicles helped each other out if stuck. That drive is quite an experience! There were some people who booked tours right on the dock; same tour companies as everyone else.

We went with Estancia, which was great,but really I don't see how one company could be all that different from another since the tours all go to the same place with approximately the same time frame and travel together. We were just glad we weren't on the ship excursion at twice the price!

We didn't get stuck but saw quite a few who did. Be prepared for a bone-jarring drive. The King penguins were wonderful; we probably would not do this again because of the ride, but so glad we did it once.

• 2 weeks later...

Any way you can get to Volunteer Point, do it! All of the drivers, for all of the tour companies clump up before heading off road. Everybody gets there and leaves at the same time.

The Kings were glorious. The Gentoos are fun to watch (fat little triangles waddling around). The Magellanics are adorable. Just go!