Cabin HH301 or HH313 on Veendam

algriff

I googled Veendam HH301 and HH313 and I got to some images directly if you scroll down the page. But I also got to a site of HAL facts, with photos of most if not all the obstructed and partially obstructed views, so google for that, HAL facts. I can't give you the link directly because there is a rule against it on CC. Try the other S class ship names too including Statendam which is no longer in the fleet. I think you'll see that there is some minimal view off to one side from 313. m--

I’m pretty sure 301 is inside the exterior wall that covers the promenade deck. There may be a solid walled support directly outside the other cabin.

Didn’t Roy have a collection of pictures from obstructed cabins on a thread a few years back?

I can't give you the link directly because there is a rule against it on CC.
Actually the Mods have been allowing links to pictures on halfacts.com to pass for about a year now.

Didn’t Roy have a collection of pictures from obstructed cabins on a thread a few years back?
Yes --- here it is: http://halfacts.com/statendam-obstructed-views/ (click on thumbnails to enlarge)

p.s. - a couple of HH are included here: http://halfacts.com/statendam-limited-views/

Edited by catl331

Just my take.......

301 would NOT have a connecting door to the next cabin and 313 would according to the deck plan, I believe. I don't know if that is important to you or not. 301 would most likely have less light coming in the window since it is so far forward, but both would be very obstructed views. But, both would have quick access to the outside deck.

We've not been in either, but know people who have had 301 and really enjoyed it.

IMO 300/301 are so far into the tunnel that they might as well not even have a window! I would not want either. In this pic 300 is the farthest window of the four.

t4w6zd.jpg

That’s what I was trying to say but words really failed me! And the pix shows it well.

I was just in 313 last week. I didn't take a picture but I can confirm that the pics on Halfacts are accurate. When standing to the right of the bed, I had a clear shot of sky/ocean but straight on it was just a solid wall.

313 is an adjoining cabin but they had the sofa in front of the door.

I had never been in this type of cabin before (usually do verandah) but it really grew on me!