Liberty of the Seas with a 2 year old--tips needed

sunsetme

I believe Liberty has a nursery for those under 3....so that might be of interest to you.

You will need to pack ALL baby-specific stuff....diapers, wipes, meds, etc.....the ship doesn't sell that stuff. As far as foods, at 2, most kids can eat almost anything....and there are PLENTY of "kid friendly" foods...lots of "mashable" things, too. Activity-wise...whatever you do with your child at home, you'll do on the ship. Plenty of empty spaces during the day to let your toddler "toddle"!

• 2 weeks later...

Our son was 15 mo. when he went on his first cruise on the adventure of the seas. He ate french fries, chicken nuggest, noodles (MDR was great at bringing him a pene instead of spaghetti), rice, raisins, cheese, yogurt, cereal, scrambled eggs, toast, ice cream, hot dogs cut up, macaroni and cheese, french toast...so yeah - he ate and gained wait like the rest of us :-)

I will say we always grabbed extra milk from the buffet to keep in the fidge in the room. We took along some take and toss cups to use. We also grabbed extra boxes of cereal for snacks in port or during off times.

We didn't bring any extra food on board with us. There were plenty of options available.

I'm planning to cruise the Anthem with a 19 month old and other than the baby specific things I know I will need to make him comfortable (sheets from home and bedtime routine stuff, diapers, wipes, meds) I'm not really planning much else! I figure, just seeing all these new people will be entertainment for him, and we will likely find an empty lounge during the day to let him run around a bit and expend some energy. We also plan to make use of the toy rental and open play times in the nursery so that I do not have to bring tons of toys nor stay cooped up in the cabin all day. My only concern is being sequestered to the cabin after 8pm every night because of his bedtime. We might try the nursery one night so we can see a show, but we are okay if that doesn't work out.

• 1 month later...

Our youngest was 2 when we cruised the first time. We actually took the buffet and restaurants as a chance to introduce her to newer foods (she now LOVES lo mien noodles). The staff was great about bringing out a very small portion of "grown up" food, but ready to supply chicken nuggets if she didn't like it. For three days, all she seems to want was cheese slices at every meal; she must have eaten a hundred of them. Then, one night at dinner, our waitress had them prearranged for her. She pushed them away and said "I don't want cheese!" So you never know...

Toy wise, I only took a few small things for her to have on the plane: play do, crayons (triangle ones don't roll away), a 6-piece small puzzle. Once we were on the boat, they supplied everything.

Also, if a child is well behaved and/or sleeping, feel free to bring them to shows/lounges/etc. I've seen this on every trip I've ever taken.