Dawn - Weather from Boston to Bermuda end of April

Blackrose73

I've received the upgrade advantage email and am wondering if the weather will be nice enough to consider upgrading to a balcony room. I know the weather in Boston that time of year is mid-60s and low 70s in Bermuda. I'm wondering if I would be able to sit out on the balcony on the way to Bermuda or if it will feel too cold with the wind. Has anyone else had a balcony cabin on the Dawn to Bermuda this time of year?

Just giving this a little bump.

From our own experience, we were a bit chilly during the first week of April but there was no sunshine. Since you are from Ontario, it would probably still be a heatwave! Think it would be fine for when you are sailing.

Just giving this a little bump.

From our own experience, we were a bit chilly during the first week of April but there was no sunshine. Since you are from Ontario, it would probably still be a heatwave! Think it would be fine for when you are sailing.

Thank you jdvmd! I appreciate the reply. Fingers crossed it's good balcony/pool deck weather on the way down. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hee hee, I am afraid it will be too hot for me when I go on the Escape to Bermuda in June (from NYC) ... I am of the cold weather type and prefer an Alaska itinerary, but Bermuda cruise in June is what I can manage to arrange right now (for various reasons) and I sorely needed a vacation/escape, so here I am (or have.)

Fingers crossed for comfortable enough weather for me. ;)

I am also curious about the weather in April. I know it might be chilly going to Bermuda but what about the weather in Bermuda? Is it mostly long pants and jackets or will shorts and a T-shirt be ok? Never cruised to Bermuda in April out of Boston

Weather is always unpredictable. We are also cruising to Bermuda the end of April into May and are hoping for nice weather. We did book a balcony so we shall see what the weather is like. Not going to bother trying for the upgrade because you never know where on the ship you will end up and we like where we are now. Wishing you good luck if you do decide to try for the upgrade and enjoy your cruise. We love Bermuda.

I am also curious about the weather in April. I know it might be chilly going to Bermuda but what about the weather in Bermuda? Is it mostly long pants and jackets or will shorts and a T-shirt be ok? Never cruised to Bermuda in April out of Boston

Our first time in Bermuda, we went the first week of April, and we were buying sweatshirts in one of the stores after we docked.

Being I go a couple times every season. I don't go before Memorial Day, so to have a decent water temp, and I am still in a warm suit. :) I always spend one day snorkeling so going in April is out. Even in May, it's isn't that warm in the water. But, on land, it can be very nice. I'd suggest, you need to have a range of attire. It's only a week cruise, even packing a few extra things is insignificant. Shouldn't be any issue.

We cruised to Bermuda last year at the very end of may and the weather was great going down and back. In Bermuda the weather was warm and sunny. ( got a heck of a tan). The ocean water temp was too cool for me. I tried but could not swim in it.

Could be very cool leaving Boston, water temp will be in the 50 degree range until you get into the gulf stream. Bermuda temps will vary cool at night suggest you bring sweatshirts and spring jacket you can always layer and remove as needed. Check for weather outlook on Bermuda wed site