Sydney to Auckland

barnhand

I was wondering about dress code for formal and other nights. We will be coming off a 12 day tour of Australia this matches up with the tour and thought a perfect way to see New Zealand

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering about dress code for formal and other nights.
We’d love to do this voyage with you, Rojann and the good Doctor Ron.

The voyage should have 3 formal and 8 informal evenings. On informal nights, ladies usually wear dresses or pantsuits; gentlemen wear jackets (tie optional). Appropriate formal evening wear for ladies is an evening gown or cocktail dress; gentlemen wear tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits. Tie is required.

We loved our voyage on the Muse and will sail on her again in 2018.

We are booked on it ! First time on the Muse for us. February is a good time to cruise from Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnhand, this is a beautiful itinerary. We did Auckland to Melbourne (sadly, no Sydney) on the Spirit February 2015, here on your cruise you get both Sydney and Melbourne. The Muse will be a bit different from the Spirit with the new dining arrangement, e.g., no MDR. Our main criticisms of that Spirit cruise included service issues in the MDR, maybe splitting things up will help. I have never been on the Muse but am considering it.

Rachel, I could swear we met you and Embstam on that cruise on a beautiful two-hour Ulva Island nature hike excursion (highly recommended, Barnhand).

You also stop in Tauranga, where there is so much to see. We did a helicopter tour of White Island and volcano, which was tremendous.

Review from then, including a few pictures from DH at the bottom ( including White Island) is attached below. Certainly on the MUSE years later things may be different now.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=272257

Here also is Rachel’s “live” thread from back then, which, inter alia, includes references of how to do some hikes independently.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2165881

Yes. Rachel and her husband, and Bob and I were on that hike. We had lots of fun in a lovely place. I will check my photos to see if I have any of you.

That was one of our most enjoyable trip on Silversea! We boarded in Auckland, as did you but stayed on until LA. At the end of the trip, the Captain, HD, F & B manager and other senior officers did a take off on the Abba show which was just wonderful. The F & B manager also organized a crew/passenger ping pong tournament where each passenger was paired with a crew member. We loved it. I'm not sure we encountered as many flaws in service as you did. We had a very good butler and cabin attendant, and I don't remember having issues in the MDR. Of course La Terrazza continues to have terribly disorganized service especially outside at breakfast and lunch, but we have learned that nothing we have said over the years has changed it, so we just joke about it now. Service at dinner is always good since there are fewer tables set up.