Getaway Stuff for First Timer who must plan

I want to cruise

Im one of those who loves to plan so here goes. Does Garden Cafe have an outdoor eating area? Am I correct - Haven sun deck is for Haven guests only, Vibe Beach Club is public but you need to sign up upon boarding ASAP because of limited space, Spice H20 is adults only and no pool, is there a Chapel onboard? Anyone out there do a daily planner? Thinking of doing this on my July 1 , 2018 sailing so we can see and do the most we can in a week. If anyone did a planner that worked for you please share.:)

quote=I want to cruise;55269925]Im one of those who loves to plan so here goes. Does Garden Cafe have an outdoor eating area? Am I correct - Haven sun deck is for Haven guests only, Vibe Beach Club is public but you need to sign up upon boarding ASAP because of limited space, Spice H20 is adults only and no pool, is there a Chapel onboard? Anyone out there do a daily planner? Thinking of doing this on my July 1 , 2018 sailing so we can see and do the most we can in a week. If anyone did a planner that worked for you please share.:)

Garden cafe does not have outside eating area like the Gem does, but there are tables toward the pool just outside the Garden Cafe with windows.

No chapel.

Vibe is public but must be reserved as soon as you board. We were on Getaway last week and the once or twice we walked past Vibe it was nowhere near full.

I will write a review of last week's cruise in the next day or two and post on here.

Spice H20 -- sorry I don't remember if it said adults only after 11pm.

(1) Haven Deck is for Haven guest only.

(2) Vibe is a private deck all the way front on Deck 17- you climb up from Deck 16. Very limited number of passes about $100 per person per week.

(3) Spice H2O is located Deck 16 at the back of the ship. Two hot tubs, bar and rest rooms. Adults only from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M.

(4) Garden does have a covered outdoor eating area and there is a covered eating area out by the pool.

(5) There is no dedicated Chapel space.

Relax and enjoy your cruise and all the ship has to offer.

Im one of those who loves to plan so here goes. Does Garden Cafe have an outdoor eating area? Am I correct - Haven sun deck is for Haven guests only, Vibe Beach Club is public but you need to sign up upon boarding ASAP because of limited space, Spice H20 is adults only and no pool, is there a Chapel onboard? Anyone out there do a daily planner? Thinking of doing this on my July 1 , 2018 sailing so we can see and do the most we can in a week. If anyone did a planner that worked for you please share.:)

Yes, Garden Cafe on Getaway has a covered outdoor eating area.

Yes, Haven is only for Haven guests.

Yes, Vibe spaces are limited to 70, and sell out very quickly.

Your thoughts on Spice H2O are correct. It is adults only until 7 pm. After 7, there are sometimes outdoor movies and deck parties open to all ages. While there is no pool, there are hot tubs and a water feature/wading pool type thing.

I am a planner as well and booked June 10th on the Getaway.

I want to book specialty dining prior to sailing, but not on the night(s) the regular dining rooms are serving prime rib. I know menus aren't set in stone, but by some chance maybe there is a track record for menus on the Getaway. I read a while back that prime rib was served the first night and maybe the last, but as things change, this probably has as well.

This is only our second cruise on NCL, so I'm not familiar with some of their practices.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

mizLORInj, thanks.Looking forward to your review. Were you on Getaway?

www3traveler, thanks for the info.

Thanks LrgPizza, Im in the frozen tundra too.

Gotcha tef43. Wish I could just wing it too.

SBNDers, Id love to see a review when you return. Enjoy your cruise. Osheehans has prime rib on day 1 and 3.

PTCDAWG, Most of my group thinks like you. They look to me for planning.

PTCDAWG, Most of my group thinks like you. They look to me for planning.

I want to cruise I am just like you. I am the planner of the group and everyone looks to me for what to do lol and luckily I plan, plan, plan, and then plan some more :) We have a group of about 18 going on our next cruise (all family) on the Getaway in November.

Here is a link to the Freestyle Dailies from one of the November 2017 sailings in case you are interested. They may not be exactly the same for your cruise, but they will give you an idea of what to expect. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54736747#post54736747

How can you possibly pre plan in a planner when you have no idea what time/day any activities will be offered. It is all dependent on the Cruise Director and what THEY have planned. I think you will find you might have planned something and something else might catch your eye instead, can you be loose enough to just go with the flow?

Sauer-kraut, ive always been a planner, what can I say. Been on many cruises and have returned from several remembering or reading of something I missed doing or didnt know of. Just like to try and do and see the most on my list. Never know if ill return there in the future so im thorough.

Sauer-kraut, ive always been a planner, what can I say. Been on many cruises and have returned from several remembering or reading of something I missed doing or didnt know of. Just like to try and do and see the most on my list. Never know if ill return there in the future so im thorough.

I think some are misunderstanding our planning. I think Sauer-kraut thinks we are trying to plan everything on the ship. Personally, I just like to plan everything on the land portions of the cruise and just like to know what types of things are offered on the ship, but not necessarily have specific times planned out on the ship.

FWIW, when I was on the Breakaway there were Sabbath services Friday night in a room around the card room/library area. I am pretty certain that it wasn't a dedicated space. Perhaps if you look at the Dailies for Sundays (I'm assuming) you will find that they are offering service space somewhere on the ship. When I went it was a do-it-yourself deal, although there were some books available for the "congregation".

I've sailed on the Getaway and the Escape. I believe you can book restaurants and entertainment on line about 30 days out. I believe Haven guests can 45 days out. If you are planning excursions I would book them independently from NCL and way in advance. I can't recall what it was but there were some things you could only book onboard. I attempted to use the Norwegian iConcierge App while waiting to board but was unsuccessful. I would utilize an interactive screen right away when you board. They are by the elevators on each level. You can also use your TV screen in your cabin but I've had better luck with the ones by the elevators. To each his own but we tentatively plan each day using the most current dailies and other info provided by these wonderful helpful CruiseCritic members. My worst day cruising is pretty much better than my best day on land. Happy sailing!