Beach House on late port departure

Caravan 37

I’ve booked a table at The Beach House for 8pm on a late evening departure from Dubrovnik. My thinking was that as the shop was in port we’d enjoy eating outside (early June so should be ok temp wise?) before sailaway?

Being our first time onboard does this sound like a good idea? I was wondering if it would be excessively noisy/rowdy on deck - not sure what time she’ll actually sail but might be hundreds of people and party music??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

temperature should be very warm. Last night we were there late evening, we went into town for a drink. It was lovely sitting in the square and a chap playing the piano.

Sounds perfect - Was thinking of doing an early morning tour - coming back to ship then going back over late afternoon for a couple of hours and a few drinks before dinner on board at 8

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

May I ask which site you used to get your departure timing from? I do not appear to have any success in finding any timings for my ports of call for my cruise in May on Oriana.

Thank you

Try this site:

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryLookup/tabid/2918/Default.aspx

Select Oriana then 'Find dates' and chose your sailing date.

If you have not been to Dubrovnik before, one thing you should be aware of is that the ship does not dock in the city itself but at Port Gruz, some 2 miles away at the other side of the headland. P&O provide a shuttle bus into the city. So if you dine on the ship you will not have a view of Dubrovnik.

Kruzseeka, thank you again for sharing your knowledge. Must bookmark that site.

Regards ;)

You are very welcome. :) Of course it's not set in stone but in my experience has been pretty reliable in terms of our docking times subject to unforeseen circumstances.

The ships in port with you tends to be a guide but I think it depends on when the site is compiled as to how up to date it is. But it's a guide and I like to get a feel of how congested the port might be in terms of pressure on local transport etc. Also knowing their arrival time hopefully gives you a head start in terms of getting off early! ;)

Happy planning!