Holiday inn old Sydney Sunday morning

PHOENIXfire

We are arriving from the airport 8:30 am on Sunday to the Holiday Inn old Sydney. Will the streets be closed for the weekend on a normal weekend arriving via cab by 11, March 11 2018. We plan to drop our bags before checking in to make our Capt cook harbor cruise at circular Quay

12:30 -1. Sound do able. Staying 3 days prior to Princess cruise. Not worried about making harbor cruise, more wondering if the cab can drive up to the hotel. Will the street be open. Hearing something about street closures on weekends. Lots of luggage. Anyone know the area. Thanks.

I've had a quick Google, only things I could see road closures for were Mardi Gras (start of March) and Anzac Day (end April).

There was something on the one of the sites saying closures along George Street but when I looked at their map, none were actually showing.

On a side note, there is a lovely little tea shop called the Tea Cosy right near your hotel, that I've heard great things about. It's on my list for my next visit to Sydney. So if tea (or knitting) is your thing - check them out 😊

Thanks for the great information. Looks like we are golden. Those events must have been what l was getting inklings of. Did lots of research months ago and firming things up now. The Tea Cosey sounds right up my wife's ally, morning and evenings stops. Regards.

We have Holiday Inn on the Rocks (Old Sydney) booked for our March 2019 cruise from Sydney. (travel agent was able to book it this early)

Would like to hear your thoughts on it. Roof pool looks great. I have read you can walk to cruise terminal...not sure about that with 2 large cases and 2 rollaboards.

Have a great holiday and please report back. If anyone else has comments on the hotel and/ or area would be delighted to hear them too.

Many thanks.

We are staying here April 6 to 11 prior to Solstice cruise. Looking forward to your information on the hotel. Thanks!

We will be back March 27. Will respond as soon as we can. Looks like I can send it via phonly express. Both of us being in Arizona. 😎

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the hotel last year. We had no problem walking to the ship with our luggage. We walked to the ship with the luggage and checked it and then walked back to the hotel to check out and get our final items.

Very easy walk if your cases have wheels. We handed our tagged cases over to the guys at the ship and it took maybe 10 minutes max.

Have fun and this is a great location.

At the Holiday Inn now. Wi fi is very good and the location is great. So much is going on at night around here. We will venture out around Sydney today on our own. We will be able to easily drag our bags and drop them off early on April 11 so we can have one last morning to explore. Happy with our hotel selection

At the Holiday Inn now. Wi fi is very good and the location is great. So much is going on at night around here. We will venture out around Sydney today on our own. We will be able to easily drag our bags and drop them off early on April 11 so we can have one last morning to explore. Happy with our hotel selection

It is our “go to” when sailing from the OPT, my only complain is some floors are hard to access due to the layout, some have a few stairs from the lift well