Dinner Buffet Photos at 7pm Monday 19th. February

nikkiw60

Hopefully people are able to make out what each dish is! I walked the entire buffet and took a photo of everything Matt said I could have been a bit more discreet....

557b7b13c5f09bbee082414c75237df1.jpg

The hand was area on way in to buffet

ee3891f944f806e018e66a09e225f8fa.jpg71afe7bf947c6d217edceaab02dd5263.jpg1ac0291ef848818aa955b29d55084abf.jpg443c583d05b151d7324aebb919e85865.jpgb4b1efc88441d1656ddf111d72a0b573.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, whilst the amount of each dish is definitely smaller, variety doesn't seem to be an issue. Sensible approach to cutting down on food waste.

Amazing though how most of these people that state 'facts' suddenly disappear from posting when proven to be wrong.

Stuart-

You are +1000 for making that point...as 'sensible' doesn't factor in with the trolls on this forum...many who have never been on Seaside. So true, that waste is another USA trait that needs to improve.

Nikki- just Wow for taking your vacay time to clear up so many things with your live reports/images!!! Many Thanks, folks like you are the value of CC. Enjoy the remainder of your cruise!

Cheers!

Well, whilst the amount of each dish is definitely smaller, variety doesn't seem to be an issue. Sensible approach to cutting down on food waste.

Amazing though how most of these people that state 'facts' suddenly disappear from posting when proven to be wrong.

Exactly!! I wonder where they’ve all gone, those “there’s nothing to eat but hamburgers and fries” types. [emoji23] Anyway, that’s beside the point now, nikki has kindly taken the time to post these lovely photos, and I am extremely grateful to her for doing that. Thank you nikki! I’m sure by now you know how envious (and hungry) we are, thanks to you! Hope you’re having fun! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart-

You are +1000 for making that point...as 'sensible' doesn't factor in with the trolls on this forum...many who have never been on Seaside. So true, that waste is another USA trait that needs to improve.

Nikki- just Wow for taking your vacay time to clear up so many things with your live reports/images!!! Many Thanks, folks like you are the value of CC. Enjoy the remainder of your cruise!

Cheers!

Thanks.

And agree that massive thanks needs to go to Nikki for the time she's taking to set the record straight where needs be.

Thanks for the photos Nikki!

While I agree it may be better than some have described, it is IMHO underwhelming compared to other cruiseline buffets (and it seems even Divina based on previous comments)

One example from Sapphire Princess below. We had similar variety/quality as the video on Diamond; and arguably better on Carnival Spirit and RCI Voyager.

Thank you so much for posting these pictures. Hubby and i will be on Seaside Oct 20th and although we like to eat in the MDR..my husband will sometimes look at the menu beforehand and think he doesnt like anything on the menu..so in that case buffet would be our only alternative on this ship, other then pay restaurants. Now I feel better if we should find ourselves in the buffet for dinner..even a picky eater can find a few things to eat..nice variety.

I am sorry but that is the most unappetizing display I have ever seen in a buffet. There are also considerably less choices which makes it difficult for someone who doesn't want the MDR to find something to satisfy them. I can't even tell what half of that stuff is.

Thanks for the photos Nikki!

While I agree it may be better than some have described, it is IMHO underwhelming compared to other cruiseline buffets (and it seems even Divina based on previous comments)

One example from Sapphire Princess below. We had similar variety/quality as the video on Diamond; and arguably better on Carnival Spirit and RCI Voyager.

Hmm, that's really not an "apples to apples" comparison, though, is it? The Sapphire Princess holds almost 1/2 the number of passengers as that of the Seaside- 2,670 vs 5,179- (and the crew-to-passenger ratio is much higher-Sapphire princess has a crew of 1,100 vs 1,413 for Seaside). Also, I just did a little research and an 11-night Asian cruise on that ship shows interior cabins starting at $1209 pp for interior and $1919 pp for balconies-Seaside is offering interiors for $479 and balconies for $749. I don't think it's fair to compare Seaside's food to the Sapphire Princess, in all fairness, given the smaller passenger size, better crew-to-passenger ratio and higher prices on the Princess ship.

Dogs are different than cats, Disney isn't just like Six Flags! Up is not down...etc.

Why would one expect each CL to be a copy of another...if MSC Seaside's offerings are not to your tastes...move on and book the cruise of your liking.

>4,000 people are enjoying Seaside every week, speaks volumes compared to the few negative posters on this forum.

No CL will satisfy everyone.

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choice!

I am sorry but that is the most unappetizing display I have ever seen in a buffet. There are also considerably less choices which makes it difficult for someone who doesn't want the MDR to find something to satisfy them. I can't even tell what half of that stuff is.

ooooh, I have an idea...... Why not (brace yourself)....... Try it? :rolleyes:

Loving the photos of all of the buffet food. I simply cannot understand how anyone could look at all of the variety in these photos and say the choices were "limited." :rolleyes: If that's limited, well fine by me! If this isn't enough food for you, then by all means, avoid MSC so there's more for me. :'):')