Carnival drink packages

Newbie799

How strict is Carnival about sharing on a drink package? Cruising on the Freedom and want to know if I can share easily with an adult in a separate cabin. I’m aware of the 5 minute interval between drinks but not sure how much they police who the drinks actually go to.

Carnival only has soft drink packages, and wine packages. No all inclusive alcohol packages.

Edit, just realised you mention Freedom so not cruising from Australia. That may be different. I suggest you ask that question in the Carnival forum.

In general most cruise line are very strict about sharing and if you do get caught you will not only lose the package with no refund but you may be charged separately for every drink you got while you had the package.

How strict is Carnival about sharing on a drink package? Cruising on the Freedom and want to know if I can share easily with an adult in a separate cabin. I’m aware of the 5 minute interval between drinks but not sure how much they police who the drinks actually go to.

Hi Newbie

Welcome to cruise critic.

In regards to your question...well, it's not allowed. If that's not a concern for you, then you would understand that they going to be vigilant.

You would be able to get a drink at one bar and then go somewhere else and get another drink.

have a great cruise

I believe Carnival has a 15 drink daily limit.

You may also want to post your question on the dedicated Carnival forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You are the only one who can use YOUR alcohol drink package and waiters make sure only you drink your drink. You cannot buy one for anyone else. And most ships require everyone, over 21 , in the same cabin, to buy the package but I am not sure if Carnival does this too.

I've never heard of buying 15 drinks each day but there is a dollar limit for the whole package the entire cruise. After you get to that amount, you then have to buy each drink. (think it might be $200.)

Ask this question on the Carnival board. (We just had our 84th Carnival cruise, after 20+ years, on Carnival but we don't drink enough to get the package.)