Fort Lauderdale hotel to port Miami

Mr and Mrs C

What's the best company to book with to get from a hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the port of Miami. I'm looking for a friend who has MS so we'd like it to be just her family of 4, she may be using a wheel chair or walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the hotel you've selected offer shuttle service to the port than you need to know the following

If shuttle service is provided and the vehicle does not have an accessible lift than the Hotel is required per ADA Law to arrange for accessible transportation. If the Hotel charges a fee for the shuttle than it can charge you the same price as is charged to abled-bodied guests and the Hotel has to absorb the cost of the accessible vehicle. If the Hotel does not charge abled-bodied guests for the shuttle it cannot charge you for the accessible vehicle. The hotel is responsible for the cost.

Since the OP is staying in FLL and sailing from Miami, I doubt there are hotels in FLL that provide a shuttle to POM. I think the best option is to contact car services/shuttles, and there are a lot of recommendations on the Florida Departures board, under North American Homeports. EM

I flew into Fort Lauderdale and sailed out of Miami with a small mobility scooter recently. I used SAS from the FLL airport to my hotel in Miami. They also go from the FLL airport to the Miami port. They may pick up at FLL hotels. In August it was $15 a person one way.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...