The Silhouetters' Origin

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:05 AM.
SoCal
1,291 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by SkystheLimit
Tattoo was fantastic! Worth all the planning. Fun to hear Bob and Holly get a shout out from the emcee for their anniversary.

MJ
It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
*30) Celebrity Edge (Inaugural), Dec 2018, Eastern Caribbean
*29) Celebrity Summit, Oct 2018, Fall Foliage

28) Pacific Princess, Nov 2017, Adriatic & Greece
27) Celebrity Solstice, Jun 2017, Alaska
26) Mariner of the Seas, Jan 2017, SE Asia (Bangkok/Vietnam)
25) Mariner of the Seas, Jan 2017, SE Asia (Phuket/Malaysia)
24) Rhapsody of the Seas, Western Caribbean, Dec 2016
23) Celebrity Silhouette, Aug 2016, British Isles
22) Brilliance of the Seas, Oct 2015, Fall Foliage
21) Celebrity Millennium, May 2015, Alaska
20) Viking Rinda, December 2014, Romantic Danube
19) Sapphire Princess, Oct 2013, California Coastal
18) Adventure of the Seas, May 2013, Spain & France
17) Celebrity Solstice, Nov 2012, Asia-Australia
16) Allure of the Seas, Dec 2011, Eastern Caribbean
15) Celebrity Eclipse, May, 2011, Scandinavia
14) Celebrity Century, Apr 2010, Caribbean
13) Island Princess, Nov 2009, Panama Canal
12) Sapphire Princess, April 2009, Mexican Riviera
11) Adventure of the Seas, October 2008, Southern Caribbean
10) Vision of the Seas, May 2008, Mexican Riviera
9) Radiance of the Seas, June 2007, Alaska
8) Radiance of the Seas, December 2006, Eastern Caribbean
7) Navigator of the Seas, March 2006, Eastern Caribbean
6) Navigator of the Seas, March 2006, Western Caribbean
5) Legend of the Seas, December 2003-January 2004, Ensenada MX to Honolulu
4) Legend of the Seas, January 2001, Sydney to Auckland
3) Legend of the Seas, October 1999, Barcelona to Athens
2) Monarch of the Seas, November 1995, Southern Caribbean
1) Sitmar Fairsea, Mexican Riviera, Apr 1981
United States
1,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
We are nearing the end of our wonderful cruise. It has been wonderful! We have met so many nice people. We will miss all of you. Please keep in touch via this board, email, etc. Hopefully we will see you again on another cruise soon. I know I am at least a day early saying this, but we wish you safe travels home, or wherever you are going after this cruise. Judy and Bill
Caledonia, ON Canada
400 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Well, off the lovely Silhouette and now we head back home. Safe travels everyone Sue (& Fraser)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
Celebrity Infinity Sept 2018 cruising West through the Panama Canal
Celebrity Edge Dec 2018

Previous Cruises:
Celebrity Mercury Alaska Sept 2010
Celebrity Silhouette Caribbean Dec 2011
Celebrity Century Alaska Sept 2013
Celebrity Solstice Repositioning, we travelled to Hawaii, Sept 2014
Celebrity Refection Caribbean Dec 2015; Celebrity Silhouette British Isles 2016 (and the Silhouetters!)
Celebrity Summit Celebrating Fireworks and more! June 2017
United States
1,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
We made it home after a LONG day of traveling yesterday. After we disembarked the ship, we walked to the DoubleTree Hotel where we had stayed prior to the cruise. We asked if we could leave a few bags with them for a couple of hours so that we could walk around Amsterdam before heading to Schipohl Airport. They were very accommodating and let us do that. Then we walked over to a couple of flea markets, had some freshly made frites (which were delicious) and then visited the Jewish Museum. The Jewish Museum was very interesting. We wish we had more time to spend there. After picking up our luggage at the DoubleTree, we walked to Centraal Station and caught the train to the airport. It's a good thing we got there 2 1/2 hours before our flight left, as it was very crowded, and we had to go through about 5 screening/check points before getting to our gate. We speculated why there were so many check points, i.e. was it due to stepped up security? The icing on the cake was that our gate was the LAST gate in the terminal! After walking so much after disembarkation, I was pooped by the time we got to the gate! But the good news is that maybe I walked off a few pounds that I gained while on the cruise. Take care everyone! Hope to see or hear from you soon. Judy and Bill
SoCal
1,291 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by mommo6
We made it home after a LONG day of traveling yesterday. After we disembarked the ship, we walked to the DoubleTree Hotel where we had stayed prior to the cruise. We asked if we could leave a few bags with them for a couple of hours so that we could walk around Amsterdam before heading to Schipohl Airport. They were very accommodating and let us do that. Then we walked over to a couple of flea markets, had some freshly made frites (which were delicious) and then visited the Jewish Museum. The Jewish Museum was very interesting. We wish we had more time to spend there. After picking up our luggage at the DoubleTree, we walked to Centraal Station and caught the train to the airport. It's a good thing we got there 2 1/2 hours before our flight left, as it was very crowded, and we had to go through about 5 screening/check points before getting to our gate. We speculated why there were so many check points, i.e. was it due to stepped up security? The icing on the cake was that our gate was the LAST gate in the terminal! After walking so much after disembarkation, I was pooped by the time we got to the gate! But the good news is that maybe I walked off a few pounds that I gained while on the cruise. Take care everyone! Hope to see or hear from you soon. Judy and Bill

Long day... Welcome home

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

806 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Hi everyone,
We are home too - and back the usual wonderful chaos which passes in our family for normalcy! Had Mother for lunch today (thank God for freezers!) and was cross-examined about everything on the cruise!
It was great to meet you all. If any of you happen to do a River Cruise in Germany and are cruising on the River Main around Wuerzburg, do let us know and we'll come and be your tour guides for the day.
Bob, as is always the case with films posted from abroad, I am not allowed to open them due to music rights/costs which may not be covered. Is there any way I could still manage to open your film?? Obviously, we'd love to see it. Congratulations on your Anniversary too! And hope you have many more!
Morven
SoCal
1,291 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by Scotswoman
Hi everyone,
We are home too - and back the usual wonderful chaos which passes in our family for normalcy! Had Mother for lunch today (thank God for freezers!) and was cross-examined about everything on the cruise!
It was great to meet you all. If any of you happen to do a River Cruise in Germany and are cruising on the River Main around Wuerzburg, do let us know and we'll come and be your tour guides for the day.
Bob, as is always the case with films posted from abroad, I am not allowed to open them due to music rights/costs which may not be covered. Is there any way I could still manage to open your film?? Obviously, we'd love to see it. Congratulations on your Anniversary too! And hope you have many more!
Morven

Hi Morven,

Welcome home! Yes- a workaround is via Dropbox, where I could simply send you the file to download, including the one to which I believe you are referring- yourself and Uwe kissing the Blarney Stone (thank you again for filming me).

Please go to dropbox dot com, and sign up for a free account. I'll send you the file and any others you want.

Just email me directly for/with any questions.
~Bob

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Redmond, WA
1,754 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
We too are now home. Getting out of of Heathrow was a piece of cake and getting back into Seattle was another piece of cake - and that's the last piece of cake we are having for some time - no more cake, drinks, wine, etc etc now that we are home! Ate and drank way too much on this trip. Jim came home with a nasty cold but is much better today than the day we got off the Silhouette. I'm busy doing laundry and Jim is catching up with the Seattle Mariners who are playing right now.

It was great to meet so many wonderful people and see so many wonderful sites. It was such a fantastic cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathleen (BellKat)

Cruises on the horizon:
10/18 New England and Canada on Summit

See all our travel pics and reviews at
http://www.jkbellomo.com
Jersey Shore
28 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
A big thank you to all who organized the wonderful tours we participated in. Each one was just perfect and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the "group members". Great days with great people. Thanks to...Dennis, Greg, Arlene, Dorothy, and Penny!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
nstigliano
Houston, Texas
2,096 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by mommo6
Got home around 4 pm yesterday. Having a non-stop meant less than 10 hours of travel time. We had one very happy puppy to greet us.
Checking in at Schipol was a process but at least it was organized and easy to find our way around. We, too, walked at least a mile to gate D57-the very last one. The crowds surely thinned out by the time we got there.
Forgot to tell you that I had downloaded an excerpt from your book. Now I will have to add it to my reading list.
Looking forward to seeing you and Bill on the Serenade.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Arlene - Diamond+

Future Cruises:
2017-AmaWaterways-Vietnam/Cambodia; 2018-Celebrity Summit-Canada/New England; 2019-Celebrity Edge (hopefully); Celebrity Eclipse-Chile to San Diego
Past Cruises:
2017-RCI-Serenade OTS-TA Copenhagen to Boston: RCI-Serenade-OTS-Norwegian Fjords: 2016-RCI-Harmony OTS -TA Barcelona to Fla; Celebrity Silhouette-British Isles; RCI-Liberty OTS-Western Caribbean; 2015-RCI Anthem OTS-Southampton to NJ; RCI-Adventure OTS B2B Southern Caribbean, AmaLyra-Nuremberg to Paris; 2014-Celebrity Infinity-Panama Canal, AmaVerde-Prague to Budapest; 2013-RCI-Mariner OTS-Western Caribbean, RCI-Navigator OTS Western Caribbean; 2012-RCI-Radiance OTS-Australia/New Zealand; 2011-RCI-Jewel OTS-TA England/Boston; 2011-RCI-Jewel OTS-Baltic; 2011-RCI-Allure OTS-Western Caribbean; 2010-Navigator OTS-Eastern Med; 2010-RCI-Voyager OTS-Western Carribean; 2010-RCI-Voyager OTS-Western Caribbean; 2009-RCI-Voyager OTS-TA Galveston/England; 2008-Celebrity Expedition-Galapagos Islands; 2008-RCI-Sovereign OTS-Western Caribbean; 2007-RCI-Voyager OTS-TA Barcelona/Galveston; 2007-Disney-Wonder-Caribbean; 2006-RCI-Splendor OTS-TA Venice/Galveston; 2005-RCI-Vision OTS-Alaska; 2004-RCI-Legend OTS-Hawaii; 2003-RCI-Rhapsody OTS-Western Caribbean; 2002-Carnival-Celebration-Caribbean; 1993-RCI-Sovereign OTS-Eastern Caribbean
Dudley,Massachusetts
147 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Made it home last night after a very long day of travel. The cruise was wonderful with so much to see and do. Plus our new friends added to the fun! Missed getting together at the last sea day luncheon as we both were sick. I got the cold bug at Inverness, totally missed Edinburgh and Brugges. Frank made it to the Tattoo but stayed with me on the 17th and then he woke up with the bug on the 18th. We missed saying goodbye to folks but I pretty much stayed in our cabin the last four days. I hope everyone got home safely and with out any extra baggage (the Bug)! Thanks for all the fun with this roll call and our wonderful cruise. It was nice seeing familiar faces from time to time. Happy sailings.
Lake Erie's South Shore
3,911 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Off to work I go. Luggage is found, but now begins the tedious task of filing a claim with airberlin to obtain fair compensation.

All our clothes are washed and ready for our departure on Wed to PDX. That took an early morning trip to our water company to pay our $50 delinquent bill that caused them to shut off our water- had no idea it was forgotten in the excitement of readying for our voyage. Luckily, they were open on Sunday and we had water by 8am.

Great cruise with great folk!

Barb
United States
1,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by BellKat
We too are now home. Getting out of of Heathrow was a piece of cake and getting back into Seattle was another piece of cake - and that's the last piece of cake we are having for some time - no more cake, drinks, wine, etc etc now that we are home! Ate and drank way too much on this trip. Jim came home with a nasty cold but is much better today than the day we got off the Silhouette. I'm busy doing laundry and Jim is catching up with the Seattle Mariners who are playing right now.

It was great to meet so many wonderful people and see so many wonderful sites. It was such a fantastic cruise.
Amen, Kathleen, to no more cake, etc. for some time and to meeting so many wonderful people and visiting such wonderful sites! It was great! Judy
United States
1,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by arbarkar
Got home around 4 pm yesterday. Having a non-stop meant less than 10 hours of travel time. We had one very happy puppy to greet us.
Checking in at Schipol was a process but at least it was organized and easy to find our way around. We, too, walked at least a mile to gate D57-the very last one. The crowds surely thinned out by the time we got there.
Forgot to tell you that I had downloaded an excerpt from your book. Now I will have to add it to my reading list.
Looking forward to seeing you and Bill on the Serenade.
We enjoyed meeting and spending time with you too! Thanks for letting me know about the book. August 2017 will be here before you know it! Time does seem to fly by! Judy
United States
1,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by TMLAalum
Off to work I go. Luggage is found, but now begins the tedious task of filing a claim with airberlin to obtain fair compensation.

All our clothes are washed and ready for our departure on Wed to PDX. That took an early morning trip to our water company to pay our $50 delinquent bill that caused them to shut off our water- had no idea it was forgotten in the excitement of readying for our voyage. Luckily, they were open on Sunday and we had water by 8am.

Barb
So sorry about your water problem. I am always concerned when I go away from home for an extended period of time that I will forget to pay a bill ahead of time so that it doesn't become delinquent. And water is something you definitely can't do without! Hopefully everything will run smoothly for you from now on. You surely have had enough issues for a while! Judy
United States
1,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by happycruisenut
Made it home last night after a very long day of travel. The cruise was wonderful with so much to see and do. Plus our new friends added to the fun! Missed getting together at the last sea day luncheon as we both were sick. I got the cold bug at Inverness, totally missed Edinburgh and Brugges. Frank made it to the Tattoo but stayed with me on the 17th and then he woke up with the bug on the 18th. We missed saying goodbye to folks but I pretty much stayed in our cabin the last four days. I hope everyone got home safely and with out any extra baggage (the Bug)! Thanks for all the fun with this roll call and our wonderful cruise. It was nice seeing familiar faces from time to time. Happy sailings.
What a shame that you got sick while on the cruise and weren't able to enjoy the last 4 days of the cruise. We hope that you are feeling much better now. Judy and Bill
806 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by TMLAalum

Barb
Loved your "water story", Barb. It´s good you didn´t have to resort to raiding your wine cellar to wash your hands! I once got into a shower in a hotel in a third world country, and after a trickle of water appeared, I poured a liberal helping of shampoo onto my hair and shower gel on my body. Alas, the trickle of water gave way to single drops before drying up completely! I have never used shampoo so recklessly since!
Morven
Memphis
130 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Hi everyone! Shipol was an experience to say the least, but made it through to our gate with minor annoyances. Thankfully our flight was not until 1pm. A very long day however! Didn't get back to Memphis until 8:30pm CT.

Back to work today, but it was not hard to get up early, as my body time clock seems stuck way ahead! I'm sure it will hit me by the end of the week.

It was SOOOO great to meet so many of you! I truly hope our paths will cross again! Take care everyone, and keep in touch on here!
Thanks!
Heidi & Dave
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SoCal
1,291 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Ah, Mondays. Back to reality and time to pay for the next cruise.

Glad to hear so many people have made it home safely. It has been our best cruise to date.

Just wonderful

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Redmond, WA
1,754 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by bob221b1
Ah, Mondays. Back to reality and time to pay for the next cruise.

Glad to hear so many people have made it home safely. It has been our best cruise to date.

Just wonderful

So true - all of it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathleen (BellKat)

Cruises on the horizon:
10/18 New England and Canada on Summit

See all our travel pics and reviews at
http://www.jkbellomo.com