Departure of departure cards

Well regardless of what you people have just said DEPARTURE cards were required on the departure of the Pacific Explorer from Sydney on the 4th of this month!!!

why were they required for the Pacific Explorer when no one else needs them?

Well regardless of what you people have just said DEPARTURE cards were required on the departure of the Pacific Explorer from Sydney on the 4th of this month!!!

I guess you will find out for sure on the 2nd December Eh!

Could it be that P&O check in staff are handing out the cards, but immigration don't want them?

Some training not fully up to date?

NO ........P&O have had ships in regularly since June when the new rules came into force so they would be fully aware and would not not even have any green cards to hand out. IT is an ABF rule ,not a cruise line rule The cruise lines have to comply with the ABF rules

Have just checked Australian customs site and found the following:

From 1 July 2017 Passengers leaving Australia will no longer need to complete an OPC.

Travel Agents and Operators should not include the green OPC with travel documents for people who will be departing Australia on or after 1 July 2017.

Arriving passengers must still complete the orange IPC.

Rgds Sean:cool:

Have just checked Australian customs site and found the following:

From 1 July 2017 Passengers leaving Australia will no longer need to complete an OPC.

Travel Agents and Operators should not include the green OPC with travel documents for people who will be departing Australia on or after 1 July 2017.

Arriving passengers must still complete the orange IPC.

Rgds Sean:cool:

About time Carnival Australia/P&O Australia got their act into gear then, no card means no card !!! :evilsmile:

We didn't need them when leaving the country to fly to Hawaii in September but did have to hand in the orange cards when we returned on the Radiance on 8 October. We will be leaving again on the Radiance on Monday and am not expecting a green card.

Graham - are you on duty on Monday?

Cheers

Di

We didn't need them when leaving the country to fly to Hawaii in September but did have to hand in the orange cards when we returned on the Radiance on 8 October. We will be leaving again on the Radiance on Monday and am not expecting a green card.

Graham - are you on duty on Monday?

Cheers

Di

NO Di I will not be there on Monday. Unfortunately I was struck down with Bells Palsy a week or so ago and sadly it takes a bit of time to come right. I hope to be back on deck in November,fingers crossed ( Not much good working with only HALF a smiling face 😄

NO Di I will not be there on Monday. Unfortunately I was struck down with Bells Palsy a week or so ago and sadly it takes a bit of time to come right. I hope to be back on deck in November,fingers crossed ( Not much good working with only HALF a smiling face 😄

Just take it easy mate, you’ll probably get buggered pretty easy for a while.

Unfortunately I was struck down with Bells Palsy a week or so ago and sadly it takes a bit of time to come right. I hope to be back on deck in November,fingers crossed

Sorry to hear that. Hope it all comes good quickly - take care & hope to see you on deck for 13th Nov.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery and hopefully look forward to seeing you in November (9th).

Cheers

Di

Funny that I boarded the pacific explorer on 24/9 and disembarked on the 4/10 and did not have to fill in departure cards!!!!!! We did however have to fill in arrival cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny that I boarded the pacific explorer on 24/9 and disembarked on the 4/10 and did not have to fill in departure cards!!!!!! We did however have to fill in arrival cards.

Looks like some people don't know if they are coming or going:D:D

I get like that sometimes:rolleyes:

Looks like some people don't know if they are coming or going:D:D

I get like that sometimes:rolleyes:

That will teach me for not proof reading after lack of sleep! [emoji51] in saying that I never know if I am coming or going.... kids will do that to you[emoji6]

What I meant was, that we did not fill in green departure cards on the 24/9 but did fill in yellow arrival cards on the 4/10.

For what its worth

we left Brisbane on the Aria to Vanuatu on the 16th Oct and we did not have to fill out a departure card which was a great time saver, however on our return 27th we did have to fill out arrival cards , but after the Customs people checked them they did not collect them

For what its worth

we left Brisbane on the Aria to Vanuatu on the 16th Oct and we did not have to fill out a departure card which was a great time saver, however on our return 27th we did have to fill out arrival cards , but after the Customs people checked them they did not collect them

what happened thats normal, you have to fill out the arrivals card and if customs doesnt take them it doesnt matter