Monumental stuff-up with Princess booking

THIS morning I received a telephone call from a complete stranger here in Australia.

And I was stunned to learn he had personal details about me and my wife at his fingertips!

It seems my booking for a Princess cruise out of Brisbane next year has been mixed up with another reservation from a couple with the same Christian and surname as ours.

I only discovered this when the other 'Amor' rang me this morning to say there had been a "monumental stuff-up" by either the booking agent (we both used same one) or Princess.

Checking with my online Cruise Personaliser, I discovered a mix of ours and the other Amor's personal information including relative's name, addresses and telephone numbers.

The worrying thing about this is that confidential details (on both bookings) about us have been compromised.

How could this happen?

I've spent much of this morning sorting out this shocking mistake ... and NOT ONCE has anyone offered an apology.

Any thoughts?

THIS morning I received a telephone call from a complete stranger here in Australia.

And I was stunned to learn he had personal details about me and my wife at his fingertips!

It seems my booking for a Princess cruise out of Brisbane next year has been mixed up with another reservation from a couple with the same Christian and surname as ours.

I only discovered this when the other 'Amor' rang me this morning to say there had been a "monumental stuff-up" by either the booking agent (we both used same one) or Princess.

Checking with my online Cruise Personaliser, I discovered a mix of ours and the other Amor's personal information including relative's name, addresses and telephone numbers.

The worrying thing about this is that confidential details (on both bookings) about us have been compromised.

How could this happen?

I've spent much of this morning sorting out this shocking mistake ... and NOT ONCE has anyone offered an apology.

Any thoughts?

if you booked with an agent it cant be princess fault so the blame would be the agents fault

I am thinking your travel agent is at fault, entering incorrect data (the 'other people' you refer to) onto Princess site for your reservation.

Why not cancel it all through the agent and book direct with Princess on line ? :halo:

Good luck with it anyway.

Dr Karl Kruszelnicki insists there is no such things as coincidences. Two people with the same name booking thru the same TA for the same cruise-line. Even Karl may have to re-think after that.

They are not on the same cruise are they?

Good luck in resolving.

Dr Karl Kruszelnicki insists there is no such things as coincidences. Two people with the same name booking thru the same TA for the same cruise-line. Even Karl may have to re-think after that.

They are not on the same cruise are they?

Good luck in resolving.

I don't think that's so uncommon. Nothing to do with the cruise line but I had an agent link my bookings to other bookings on a cruise because they said they had another with the same surname in that group in their bookings so thought we were all travelling together.

I don't think that's so uncommon. Nothing to do with the cruise line but I had an agent link my bookings to other bookings on a cruise because they said they had another with the same surname in that group in their bookings so thought we were all travelling together.

There are some dopey travel agents out there. For some of them, the closest they have got to a cruise ship is a 'go see' with the industry, whilst ships are in port or a trip on the Manly Ferry.:p

WOULD you believe it!

Made a further booking with Princess for a cruise in November 2018 ... and the same thing has happened again :mad:

My personal information, including details of passport, address, phone numbers, relatives etc, have been given to a complete stranger with the same surname ... even though Princess assured us the problem had been fixed after the very same stuff-up following another recent booking.

Not happy Jan!!!!

Dennis.

WOULD you believe it!

Made a further booking with Princess for a cruise in November 2018 ... and the same thing has happened again :mad:

My personal information, including details of passport, address, phone numbers, relatives etc, have been given to a complete stranger with the same surname ... even though Princess assured us the problem had been fixed after the very same stuff-up following another recent booking.

Not happy Jan!!!!

Dennis.

I know what Dino would say, "thats amore",lol.

So frustrating. I only discovered that another woman with the same name (different middle name) as me and same month and year of birth lived in my small apartment block (18 apartments) when my doctor refused me a pap test because "you only had one 9 months ago". They had completely merged our medical records since we both had the same GP!

I hope you can sort this out with minimal fuss. Be comforted by the fact that the vast majority of people have no interest in stealing your personal details and are probably as stressed as you about possible security breach.

So frustrating. I only discovered that another woman with the same name (different middle name) as me and same month and year of birth lived in my small apartment block (18 apartments) when my doctor refused me a pap test because "you only had one 9 months ago". They had completely merged our medical records since we both had the same GP!

I hope you can sort this out with minimal fuss. Be comforted by the fact that the vast majority of people have no interest in stealing your personal details and are probably as stressed as you about possible security breach.

Have had similar, Mrs Gut and I made the mistake of giving our kids the same initials as us, then my cousin and his wife moved in just around the corner, same initials as us, then another cousin same initials as me, and another family no relation but same initials yet again.

My husband had a problem with one of his superannuation accounts. He had a very large one and a small one. After he retired he decided to cash in the small account. When he applied to do so, they told him that they had already paid him. No!

We initially thought it was a case of identity theft, but it turned out to be a case of human error. The superannuation company paid his account to someone with the same first name and same surname (fairly common names). The middle name was different, but the same initial. We live in Brisbane and he has banked with ANZ from his teenage years. They paid the money to someone living in Perth and banking with a different 'brand' of bank. Crazy. Anyway, they paid him what he was owed and presumably had to sort it out with the other person.