No lobster

audcc77

I didnt know the Ecstasy did 7 day cruises. I know there are exceptions. like journey cruises and the ones from San Juan, so maybe one of these.

I have rarely been wowed by Carnival's lobster though, probably because of where I was raised. but occasionally it has been ok too.

I have been researching other cruise lines lately and there seems to be a common thread of the "disappearing" lobster from the mdr menus. Maybe the suppliers are unable to supply, or the cost is too great or some of both? not sure.

Op apart from the lack of lobster, hope your cruise is great.

Hmmmm. I must be missing something. I looked on the hub app and looked all the way through the week and saw nothing. Guess I’m going to have to hoof it down there and peek at the menu.

On our recent Miracle cruise, the Hub consistently didn’t have the Port selections menu.

Hmmmm. I must be missing something. I looked on the hub app and looked all the way through the week and saw nothing. Guess I’m going to have to hoof it down there and peek at the menu.

OH the hub app thingy , look for a picture that looks like a large shrimp ;p

I’m disappointed that there is no lobster on my NCL cruise unless I pay an upcharge. Oh, well—everything else is fabulous, so I will survive!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coming to Carnival soon. :(

Coming to Carnival soon. :(

I’m sure all cruise lines will follow suit before long. The same thing with room service. You have to pay a $7.95 service charge for room service on both RCCL and NCL. I’m booking the Carnival Breeze for January 2019, after my NCL cruise next month. I haven’t cruised with Carnival since 2007, so not sure what to expect with them. I fell in love with Freestyle Cruising with NCL, so hoping that My Time Dining on Carnival wont disappoint.

I’m sure all cruise lines will follow suit before long. The same thing with room service. You have to pay a $7.95 service charge for room service on both RCCL and NCL. I’m booking the Carnival Breeze for January 2019, after my NCL cruise next month. I haven’t cruised with Carnival since 2007, so not sure what to expect with them. I fell in love with Freestyle Cruising with NCL, so hoping that My Time Dining on Carnival wont disappoint.

My time works about the same .@ 07 is about the last time I cruised with NCL. I get the same vibe from either cruise line.

They're so busy trying to remain competitive some of the frills are having to be trimmed. From what I can tell from forums many abused lobster night by ordering way more than they need.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

How would you know how many lobster tails someone "needs"?? :confused:

They're so busy trying to remain competitive some of the frills are having to be trimmed. From what I can tell from forums many abused lobster night by ordering way more than they need.

If Carnival wanted to limit the amount of lobster one can have, they would just like in the Steakhouse. You get one entree. It wouldn’t take anything for them to say “Limit of 2 per person”.

What does that mean? Their stock prices are at a high, their dividends are healthy, they have new ships on order. Successful businesses NEVER cut their way to prosperity, they offer a quality product and then people pay for it. When the quality suffers, bookings suffer. You maintain quality.

Remember, standards fall faster than prices do!

We certainly had lobster on Glory over Thanksgiving week but it was the first elegant night (and it may have been moved because the second elegant night was Thanksgiving). My waiter brought me a second plate without me having to ask for it (although he could have overheard me tell DW that I wished that I'd ordered another). It may have gone to waist but it didn't go to waste.

We certainly had lobster on Glory over Thanksgiving week but it was the first elegant night (and it may have been moved because the second elegant night was Thanksgiving). My waiter brought me a second plate without me having to ask for it (although he could have overheard me tell DW that I wished that I'd ordered another). It may have gone to waist but it didn't go to waste.

It wasn’t moved. It’s always been on the first elegant evening for as long as I remember.