Car Dealer Charters the Majesty of the Seas

Folks, it is a five night cruise on an old ship with few balconies.

Actually, it's only a 4 night cruise, and IMHO, the May promotion was nowhere near what he expected that he had to run the promotion again in July so he wouldn't have been stuck with an additional charge of maybe $100K for sailing without a full ship. As somebody else said, I would have rather had the cost of the cruise deducted from the car purchase as I wouldn't have wanted to pay between $400-$450 per couple before I even cruised.

Gregg

Actually, it's only a 4 night cruise, and IMHO, the May promotion was nowhere near what he expected that he had to run the promotion again in July so he wouldn't have been stuck with an additional charge of maybe $100K for sailing without a full ship. As somebody else said, I would have rather had the cost of the cruise deducted from the car purchase as I wouldn't have wanted to pay between $400-$450 per couple before I even cruised.

Gregg

Interesting, since in the earlier ads he stated that it was from Monday to Friday. Also, the subsequent ads might have one to believe that the July promotion was for a separate cruise. So, as I read the various posts, the May ads did not produce enough buyers; hence, the July buyers will be on the same ship. I am always skeptical of those who are loquacious and loud.

Interesting, since in the earlier ads he stated that it was from Monday to Friday. Also, the subsequent ads might have one to believe that the July promotion was for a separate cruise. So, as I read the various posts, the May ads did not produce enough buyers; hence, the July buyers will be on the same ship. I am always skeptical of those who are loquacious and loud.

The ads are correct. A Monday to Friday cruise would be a 4 night cruise. It sounds as you have seen the ads where he makes it sound like is was so great he had to send his sidekick to Miami to research other ships. Our local paper has ads each month where he lists how many cars were sold the previous month and the total for May, if correct and EVERYBODY bought the cruise, he still would have been short.

Gregg

Also, Gregg he advertised it as a one week cruise. I suppose his and my definition of a week are different.

Well, I guess if you work and need to take vacation, you will be off from work Monday-Friday and that is a week's worth of vacation time:eek:.

I heard him announce this last night: Kia's Fucillo "Huge" will give a free cruise to anyone who buys a car from him during the month of May 2013.

I couldn't believe it so I looked to see if there were threads on this or a roll call for the Majesty's sailing on 12/9/13. Nothing! It's hard to believe he'd do this. He claims he chartered it for 2,200 passengers. Do you believe this?:confused:

Given that RCCL's website does not even offer a cruise sailing for the Majesty on12/9/13 and there's a gap between the cruise sailing on 12/6/13 and 12/13/13 it's quite possible that the car dealer actually chartered the trip.

Why do you why this unbelievable ? Cruise ships get chartered regularly.

• 1 month later...

Just traded in my 2012 Soul for a new 2013 Soul (I hated the black color I had originally) today here in Greece, NY and got the free cruise too. The dealership was packed with folks signing paperwork. Even got to meet and talk with Mr Fuccillo today. Very down to earth guy, loves to brag about his son and Syracuse Orange.

I see cruisers already have cabin assignments so I'm guessing me and my aunt will be in one of the small small (no HUGE here, lol) interior cabins. First cruise for both of us and we are so excited. You'll find us at the hot tub and/or the bar :-)

For us coming from Rochester we are also getting free roundtrip air from Buffalo, so that's a super extra perk too. Just over two months to go..see you in Miami :-)

Anyone else from Rochester/Buffalo area know if we are on a chartered flight too?

Just traded in my 2012 Soul for a new 2013 Soul (I hated the black color I had originally) today here in Greece, NY and got the free cruise too. The dealership was packed with folks signing paperwork...

Sorry, I don't understand... the original post and subsequent posts say it was only during May 2013, unless I missed something..

First cruise for both of us and we are so excited. You'll find us at the hot tub and/or the bar :-)

For us coming from Rochester we are also getting free roundtrip air from Buffalo, so that's a super extra perk too. Just over two months to go..see you in Miami :-)

Anyone else from Rochester/Buffalo area know if we are on a chartered flight too?

Welcome to CruiseCritic ... and the excitement of cruising. You'll find lots of information here for first-timers. And I'm sure you'll have lots of questions. I was on the Majesty late last year and she is a beautiful ship.

Sorry, I don't understand... the original post and subsequent posts say it was only during May 2013, unless I missed something..

I live in the city where the original offer was done. As I have said in previous posts, I feel the promotion fell so flat that he had to run the promotion again in July here in Cape Coral and it sounds by the most recent posts, he must of been still short and needed to fill the ship any way he could so he wouldn't have to pay the penalty for sailing w/o a full ship. The original offer did not include transportation either.

Gregg

I posted this just for fun, but I believe, all other things being equal, that it is essentially a scam. As I am sure most of you are aware, there are very few balconies on this ship. When I say scam, I do not mean that you will not receive a short cruise in an inside cabin for buying a car, but who would otherwise book this ship.

It seems we have Mr. Robin Leach among us using the identity of Mr. Diamond.

I guess Mr. diamond also thinks that no one would buy anything less than a $60,000 car also since they do not have big engines with all the comforts of expensive cars. Or anything less than a Rolex perhaps.

Look, there are price points for every product out there. While the Majesty is certainly "beneath" Mr. Diamond's level of class and amenities he feels he needs, I have been on both the Monarch and Majesty and thought they were two of the best cruises I have been on. It most certainly did not have a balcony, but I did not miss it with the ports of call every single day. She is a great ship and a lot of fun.

Plus it is not a scam at all. To those who point out that it will cost people xxx amount of dollars, it is still less than if you had bought the cruise outright. Plus since it is a rebate, you are not responsible for taxes on the amount of huge fare since it was not a contest or the like.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I bought a very basic Kia Soul, no additional features, I didn't even get a key fob. And it is manual transmission. Cheapest one on the lot & I got an oceanview room. So, I believe it really was random, otherwise I would have an interior room on the bottom deck way in the back of the ship.

The Gods favour manual transmissions my friend. Perhaps, the upgrade wasn't random after all.

Have a great cruise and thanks for doing your part to

Save the Manuals!

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/save-the-manuals-official-headquarters

The Fuccillo Kia store here in Greece, NY is running the promotion the entire month of September...buy or lease any new Kia and you get the cruise. While talking with Mr FUccillo he said that 3/4 of the ship was full with customers from the Florida store, so evidently his promotion there didn't fall too flat in Florida. And both days I was in the Greece store it was packed.

I see on Royal Caribbeans web page that they offer a transfer from about 12 different cities/towns on the west coast (from Tampa, Sarasota, Venice, Ft Myers, Naples etc)..wondering if anyone has looked into that and what the cost may be per person?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=BusPrograms

The Fuccillo Kia store here in Greece, NY is running the promotion the entire month of September...buy or lease any new Kia and you get the cruise. While talking with Mr FUccillo he said that 3/4 of the ship was full with customers from the Florida store, so evidently his promotion there didn't fall too flat in Florida. And both days I was in the Greece store it was packed.

I see on Royal Caribbeans web page that they offer a transfer from about 12 different cities/towns on the west coast (from Tampa, Sarasota, Venice, Ft Myers, Naples etc)..wondering if anyone has looked into that and what the cost may be per person?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=BusPrograms

Disagree with you on that. By the figures he advertises in our local paper, then less than 1/2 of the people that bought in May & July are taking the cruise. When you run a promo in one month (May) and it doesn't get the results you want and have to run it again in July with the puffery advertisement that it went so good that you are running it again for people that missed out the first time and claim you have sent your side-kick to Miami to see about maybe needing to charter another ship and then finally, instead of running the same promotion a 3rd time locally, you need to fill the ship from sales in NY so you don't face a penalty, that is falling flat. I am willing to bet he doesn't run this promo again

Gregg

• 1 month later...

Latest ad in the Upstate NY area.

1.The Fuccillo Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram purchaser is eligible to attend the Cruise with Huge event if a pre-owned vehicle is purchased in the Amsterdam store between November 1-30, 2013. Financing must be complete by November 30, 2013 to be eligible.

2.The purchaser is allowed one guest whose cruise fare and airfare is complimentary( RT from Albany ).

3.All passengers are responsible for taxes, roundtrip transfers, gratuities and the booking fee, totaling $181.00. This fee is non refundable. (see FAQ's)

4.Registration must be complete by 7 days after date of purchase of pre-owned vehicle or November 30, whichever comes first.

5.All guests must be 18 years of age or older.

6.Stateroom selection is a random process. Guests may have an interior stateroom or window stateroom. Staterooms will be assigned at the end of November.

7.Guest are responsible for proper immigration documents as outlined by Royal Caribbean.

8.Any charges of a personal nature such as drinks, shore excursions, spa treatments, retail purchases, restaurant upcharges are the responsibility of the cruise passenger.

Just an update if anyone cares.

bosco

Latest ad in the Upstate NY area.

1.The Fuccillo Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram purchaser is eligible to attend the Cruise with Huge event if a pre-owned vehicle is purchased in the Amsterdam store between November 1-30, 2013. Financing must be complete by November 30, 2013 to be eligible.

2.The purchaser is allowed one guest whose cruise fare and airfare is complimentary( RT from Albany ).

3.All passengers are responsible for taxes, roundtrip transfers, gratuities and the booking fee, totaling $181.00. This fee is non refundable. (see FAQ's)

4.Registration must be complete by 7 days after date of purchase of pre-owned vehicle or November 30, whichever comes first.

5.All guests must be 18 years of age or older.

6.Stateroom selection is a random process. Guests may have an interior stateroom or window stateroom. Staterooms will be assigned at the end of November.

7.Guest are responsible for proper immigration documents as outlined by Royal Caribbean.

8.Any charges of a personal nature such as drinks, shore excursions, spa treatments, retail purchases, restaurant upcharges are the responsibility of the cruise passenger.

Just an update if anyone cares.

bosco

pretty good deal. The air is worth at least $300pp alone

I posted this just for fun, but I believe, all other things being equal, that it is essentially a scam. As I am sure most of you are aware, there are very few balconies on this ship. When I say scam, I do not mean that you will not receive a short cruise in an inside cabin for buying a car, but who would otherwise book this ship.

OUCH! How insensitive! I guess I must be some real loser. I've been on the Majesty four times and loved every one. Sure she's an older ship, and she doesn't have many balconies, but I fail to see the problem. Whether it's a M-F cruise or a F-M cruise, it's still a cruise and I guarantee anyone who books it will have a great time.

Except for you, Jack. You must be one of those "no balcony, no cruise" types. Sorry but that just doesn't get it with the many people who have sailed cruise ships in the past without the luxury of a balcony cabin and yet had a magnificent time.

"Who would otherwise book this ship?" Well, if the answer was no one, then why would the Majesty still be in service, be sailing 3-nighters and 4-nighters for the past X number of years, and continue the same itinerary week after week? I doubt a company like RC would keep an itinerary that ws not profitable and in demand.

And for the record, it's not scam. It's a ship full of car owners having a great time on a great ship. My only problem with the promotion is having to go on a specific sailing. I've seen other companies do promotions where they give away a cruise for two and you basically choose your own sailing. The company that sells these cruises for promotion makes money on all of the upcharges (outside vs. inside cabin, etc). I can't go in December so the promotion did not appeal to me.

Edited by jt1120

• 1 month later...

My Aunt and I took the huge cruise...turned down the airfare as she lives in Florida and I was already there on vacation. The ONLY negative thing I can say abut the whole thing was that the travel agent we HAD to work through as it was a charted cruise was horrible.

The cruise was a blast. The ship was great -- we had a interior cabin on deck 2 (all the way to the bottom) and still loved it. There were also sales people on board, surprises me that more folks didn't take advantage of the 'free cruise'. Yes I know it wasn't completely free--taxes, alcohol, parking are extra. It was funny to drive 75 from Fort Myers to Miami and watch all the Kia's going down the road. There were a few highly annoying drunks on board but mostly just working class folks having a great time. And absolutely NO NO NO kids on board, that was a nice treat.

Thanks Billy Fuccillo! We had a great time..and all the extras in our cabins at night were fun-- bags, shirts, hats, toiletries, cups, Kia blankets :-)

It as HUGE!