Hiring a Taxi

dj63

I was hoping someone might give me some insight to hiring a taxi for the day in Cozumel.How much to expect,to barter,etc.Thankx

You cannot barter. They have set prices. When you get to the end of the pier, you will see signs directing you to the taxi stand. You may hire a private taxi or shuttle if you so choose. There is a big sign with the flat rates posted. I would think that hiring one for the day may cost a pretty penny. To go to the nearby places, such as Paradise Beach, is $15 for a quick 10 minute ride...one way.

r/ ;0aWe hired taxi,ma ny places includingCoz. Dh approached driver, told him/her what we wanted, he/ shequoted a price, if DH thought it acceptable, they shook hands and off we went. d We never h had anyproblem qat doing just that.

Do you mean 'barter' or negotiate? :)

Edited by sail7seas

I believe you can do this just at the exit to the port in Cozumel. There is a taxi stand there and, generally, the prices are posted for the taxi, not per person. Last time we were there, it was about $10 for up to 4 going into San Miguel. I have seen others post about hiring a taxi for the day. Check out the Ports of Call thread for Cozumel and I expect you will find some great information!