FLL Hotels. anyone have update what is open and inn what condititon?

sail7seas

Have you checked tripadviser.com? Guest ratings have helped us in the past.

TA doesn't help if you are looking for a high-end property. TA is "pay for play" - they take money to have your property get top listing on a page. It's a tad deceptive now. They used to list hotels by ranking and everyone got used to that. Now, you can pay to get your hotel listed at the top of the page, above the rankings. But, some people aren't savvy enough to realize that and still think the top hotel is still #1...

Plus, on TA, you can have a AAA 2-diamond property rated better than a Forbes 5-star property. Why? As an example: A No-Tell Motel gets a ton of business in the summer from families and sports teams, a Waldorf Astoria in the same area does not get as much business in the summer - too expensive for families and sports teams. The HIE gets a ton of positive reviews, the W=A only a few in the same time. So, in the area rankings, the HIE is ranked #3, the W=A #10... Also, people's expectations color their reviews and affect the rankings. Someone who is happy with a "basic but clean" room will give a good review for a mediorcre property while a discerning person may give a less-than-stellar review for a high-end property because Private Dining took 35 minutes instead of 30 minutes for delivery of their meal...

Go ahead and use TA, but don't use it exclusively and don't take things as gospel. If you want to look at lower-end properties, the AAA rankings are a good place to look. AAA has a large number of standards and the inspections are thorough for the hard product. Forbes works for higher end products in that they have over 800 standards they inspect for and that includes both the hard product and the staff.

I love the Sleep Inn & Suites, Ft. Lauderdale International Airport Hotel. It is (at least it was) very nice, affordable and they had a free shuttle from the airport and again to the port in the morning. It is within easy walking distance to restaurants, it is not a fancy beach resort but when we fly in for a cruise we are exhausted, just want a good meal, glass of wine by the pool and a comfortable room.

I love the Sleep Inn & Suites, Ft. Lauderdale International Airport Hotel. It is (at least it was) very nice, affordable and they had a free shuttle from the airport and again to the port in the morning. It is within easy walking distance to restaurants, it is not a fancy beach resort but when we fly in for a cruise we are exhausted, just want a good meal, glass of wine by the pool and a comfortable room.[/qu Mind if I ask name of one or two nearby retsaurants? thank in advance. ;)

Sail-you were the one that convinced me to book the Hyatt Pier 66 the first time my husband and I went to Ft Lauderdale.

We also loved the grounds and pool there and enjoyed our stay.

Most recently our daughter and I stayed at the GalleryOne and really liked it. Not sure if that's too far away from where you'd want to stay but it's right at one of the water taxi stops and a block from the mall. I booked it again for my husband and I for our cruise in late November.

Hope you find something that you can be comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to see that you liked GalleryOne. Booked that for our Feb trip with Hilton points. They have 2 bdr/2ba units that are just right for us... good reviews online so we thought we'd try it out!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But post #22 did. It also provides a link to an article in our local newspaper, the Sun - Sentinel.

Thanks, POA1, for your usual, helpful info. But, in fact, your Post # 17 did say who purchased the HP 66 ("an investment group"); it just didn't identify the investment group by name, which, of course, your Post # 22 did. Thanks again.

I love the Sleep Inn & Suites, Ft. Lauderdale International Airport Hotel. It is (at least it was) very nice, affordable and they had a free shuttle from the airport and again to the port in the morning. It is within easy walking distance to restaurants, it is not a fancy beach resort but when we fly in for a cruise we are exhausted, just want a good meal, glass of wine by the pool and a comfortable room.[/qu Mind if I ask name of one or two nearby retsaurants? thank in advance. ;)

Sorry, I can't remember the names of the restaurants we walked to. I am sure the front desk pointed us in the right direction, that is where we usually go for restaurant suggestions. Look at the rooms and public areas on their web site. We were very impressed for a Sleep Inn...it even had free breakfast!

I just looked at the map, we ate at Hunan Wok. I just remember it was close and the food and service was good. You can take a taxi or Uber closer to the beach for fancier restaurants, we usually get in so late and like I said, we just want food, wine and sleep.

Edited by birdie16
Added info.

Sorry, I can't remember the names of the restaurants we walked to. I am sure the front desk pointed us in the right direction, that is where we usually go for restaurant suggestions. Look at the rooms and public areas on their web site. We were very impressed for a Sleep Inn...it even had free breakfast!

I just looked at the map, we ate at Hunan Wok. I just remember it was close and the food and service was good. You can take a taxi or Uber closer to the beach for fancier restaurants, we usually get in so late and like I said, we just want food, wine and sleep.

Thank youu, B irdie, souunds. good. In t he tpast, we often went to FLL 3-4 days pre-cruise and stayed 1-2 post cruise. I don't know if I will do that on my own. I'll have to decide when I make up my mind whic h hotel etc I don't think I'd go to our favorite restraurants alone so I'll need to try some new ones.

We also stay at this Sleep Inn in Dania Beach FL. The restaurant across the street is called Hemingway Bistro and is wonderful. We have eaten there several times and had a coupon from Sleep Inn. Google it and read about it. I remember we had a most delicious piece of Key Lime Pie for dessert. Will be staying at Sleep Inn in November and will eat at Hemmingway's again.

The Hyatt Place (Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center) was really nice last year. And if you use Value Trips - you can get a really reasonable rate. Breakfast included. Free Shuttle from the airport. And right next to the Harbor Shops (including Publix and Total Wine and several places to eat).

We also stay at this Sleep Inn in Dania Beach FL. The restaurant across the street is called Hemingway Bistro and is wonderful. We have eaten there several times and had a coupon from Sleep Inn. Google it and read about it. I remember we had a most delicious piece of Key Lime Pie for dessert. Will be staying at Sleep Inn in November and will eat at Hemmingway's again.

Thank you! Yes, that is one of the places we ate on another stay at this hotel.

Sail-you were the one that convinced me to book the Hyatt Pier 66 the first time my husband and I went to Ft Lauderdale.

We also loved the grounds and pool there and enjoyed our stay.

Most recently our daughter and I stayed at the GalleryOne and really liked it. Not sure if that's too far away from where you'd want to stay but it's right at one of the water taxi stops and a block from the mall. I booked it again for my husband and I for our cruise in late November.

Hope you find something that you can be comfortable with.

Canadian Bear. So long since our cruise but I have not forgotten how nice yo and yor DH were us. It was fuun. Thnak yor for thatg and allso for the Gallery One suggestion. we rode the water taxi from the Pier to that sttop a few times. I tthink that hotel is a great ideafor me. .. I migh t serriously consider thatt hotel. Thank you again. :) Aftr so muuch histo try in FLL, it is very hard for me to move alon g leavving it all behind..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

but it is what it is and I will.

We prefer Pier 66 to all other hotels in the 17th St area. Beautiful grounds, good walk over the causeway. In fact we were just there in early August for a bit of a getaway. We have reservations for mid-November prior to our Zuiderdam cruise. Hope our reservation is transferred over, but all the same will check.

The driveway to the Hyatt is blocked by traffic cones and there are a bunch of water remediation trucks outside this morning.

Not sure what's going on.

Near as I know, everything else along the beach is open. (We're much closer to the ocean and we face due south, which took the brunt of the storm.)