Smart jeans in dining room?

trolleydolly

Maybe it is my age showing. When I was in high school you would be sent home to change for wearing jeans to school.

Reflecting back to two computer industry events in the last week, it seems that (what I expect are expensive) jeans are now acceptable attire for business leaders.

I know my mother would be horrified at the thought of 'dress' jeans, I doubt that even my wife would approve.

Maybe the times are changing faster than I am.

John

I sometimes wear jeans in the MDR with a smart shirt and have no issues. Unlikely I do it to the Special Restaurants because it's my choice, but it would be fine there too. This comes from someone who in the past has been a traditionalist. I think the Azamara dress code is pitched just right and the appearance of scruffy is rarely seen.

Phil

I think the Azamara dress code is pitched just right and the appearance of scruffy is rarely seen.

Phil

I was rather disappointed to see a young man in the MDR with a backwards baseball cap on at dinner, especially when we saw an older gentleman turned away for wearing golf shorts. If you're going to have a dress code, as lax as Azamara's is, it should be equally enforced.

I was rather disappointed to see a young man in the MDR with a backwards baseball cap on at dinner, especially when we saw an older gentleman turned away for wearing golf shorts. If you're going to have a dress code, as lax as Azamara's is, it should be equally enforced.

It totally frustrates me the wearing of baseball caps (forward or backward facing) in the dining rooms, evening bars and during the shoes, but then that is how I was brought up and probably a sign of my age!!!!!!

It totally frustrates me the wearing of baseball caps (forward or backward facing) in the dining rooms, evening bars and during the shoes, but then that is how I was brought up and probably a sign of my age!!!!!!

I agree. It always makes me think ‘ what are they trying to hide under there!’

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Back when I was in the U.S.N. if a sailor wore his cap indoors to the Crows Nest he had to buy the entire bar a drink!

(For some reason it didn't apply to Waves :halo:)

Whenever I see a man with a hat on indoors I think of those bygone days.

Back when I was in the U.S.N. if a sailor wore his cap indoors to the Crows Nest he had to buy the entire bar a drink!

(For some reason it didn't apply to Waves :halo:)

Whenever I see a man with a hat on indoors I think of those bygone days.

It was the same in our Territorial Army bar - a count to 10 started if anyone not on duty entered wearing headdress. If the count reached 10 - drinks all round.

It totally frustrates me the wearing of baseball caps (forward or backward facing) in the dining rooms!!!!!

I couldn’t care less about what other people wear at their table, it doesn’t make my food taste any different [emoji846]

I agree I was however brought up to believe it was disrespectful for a man to wear a hat/cap indoors. To me, it’s not necessarily the fellow guests they are disrespecting, it’s the event aka the show they are watching so therefore the efforts of the cast, the meal they are eating aka the efforts of the chefs and waiters.

But to be clear it doesn’t spoil my enjoyment of the show, meal etc merely points out someone lacking in manners based on the way I was brought up - BUT we are all brought up differently!

I agree I was however brought up to believe it was disrespectful for a man to wear a hat/cap indoors. To me, it’s not necessarily the fellow guests they are disrespecting, it’s the event aka the show they are watching so therefore the efforts of the cast, the meal they are eating aka the efforts of the chefs and waiters.

But to be clear it doesn’t spoil my enjoyment of the show, meal etc merely points out someone lacking in manners based on the way I was brought up - BUT we are all brought up differently!

Totally agree.

So do I and it’s detailed in the daily no ball caps after 6pm in any of the restaurants so if someone had one on them they got away with it. I’ve personally never seen it on any of my Azamara cruises.

Phil

On the April 2016 transatlantic I saw one several times in the main dining room at evening dinner, worn by the same not so young man.

I believe that you and UK Tog were also on that cruise.

In the early mornings, I wear a cap while I jog and I will undoubtedly be wearing it inside, stopping at Windows or Mosaic, before I get ready for the day. Trust me, at that time of the day, my hair would be a more offensive sight.

I would never wear a cap at lunch or dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the April 2016 transatlantic I saw one several times in the main dining room at evening dinner, worn by the same not so young man.

I believe that you and UK Tog were also on that cruise.

I saw it also on the 2016 LCV Voyage by a regular who should know better - don’t remember it on the TA. It was also much in evidence in September 2017 - again not so young guests as you say who should know better!

Sent from my iPad using Forums