Carnival Toilet Paper Quality

milford7355

So, does someone who brings his own TP never, ever use the public bathrooms on the ship? You always go back to your cabin?

Confused...

CeleBrat

I don't bring toilet paper, but I never use the public bathrooms on the ship. I always go back to the cabin. We are always on the go anyway. We don't stay in one place for very long so going back to the room isn't a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, does someone who brings his own TP never, ever use the public bathrooms on the ship? You always go back to your cabin?

Confused...

CeleBrat

I haven't brought TP before, but I seriously might now that it seems non issue in using it.

I don't use public bathrooms on board typically anyway so yes I pretty much always go back to the room. Unless it was an emergency...can't recall having one thus far.

May be TMI but on this chain to be expected I suppose, when I have the main concern with super thin TP is when a longer visit is required if you get my point. So in that case I'm definitely not planning to use a public bathroom if it can be helped.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

It's hard for me to understand why this is an issue. Perhaps it has something to do with my upbringing and my current life. The toilet paper we use is whatever is on sale (and 2 ply). It is not that challenging to get by for a few days or a week without your preferred brand of TP, soap, shampoo, etc unless you have allergies or something.

It's hard for me to understand why this is an issue. Perhaps it has something to do with my upbringing and my current life. The toilet paper we use is whatever is on sale (and 2 ply). It is not that challenging to get by for a few days or a week without your preferred brand of TP, soap, shampoo, etc unless you have allergies or something.

Maybe the confusion is that you think that it is "challenging to get by for a few days or a week".

It isn't necessarily challenging, just way below my usual standard at home. I can and have survived with it, but would prefer what I use at home. Knowing it wasn't an issue for plumbing I could really consider bringing some. It won't ruin my cruise to use it.

It maybe like I could eat at the buffet all week, but one might prefer to go to the MDR or specialty restaurant.

To each is their own, but to me quality (soft yet strong...not thin) TP is well worth the couple extra bucks. To you it may not be and that is ok. You might be picker than me on something different.

Never noticed any issues with Carnival’s TP. I’m not sure they would want you bringing in your own TP, as I’m sure they want to control what goes in their septic systems. You wouldn’t want to be the one that flooded your toilet due to wrong TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never noticed any issues with Carnival’s TP. I’m not sure they would want you bringing in your own TP' date=' as I’m sure they want to control what goes in their septic systems. You wouldn’t want to be the one that flooded your toilet due to wrong TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

See post #13.

Hey, please don't mock me. I bring my own toilet paper. I bring my own ketchup, don't like what they serve on the ship. I smuggle a microwave so I can have popcorn. I bring my own butter, because I don't like the ship's butter. I bring my own hairdryer. My rice cooker. My own cups because I don't like sharing. I wear a lanyard, and than display all my money with it, while on land to invite muggers. I bring a laptop, and movies so I can watch in my stateroom. I bring a corkscrew to save on corking fee. But I bring wine in a box, because I don't know how to use the cork screw. I bring my cleaning supplies, to clean the room. I put every thing in baggies and wear rubber gloves in the room. I self assist with my 5 bags of luggage because I don't want my dirty underwear to be stolen. I bring my own shower curtain, because I only want my own sticking to me.

Hopefully, I didn't leave anything out or my vacation would be ruined.

Don't you wrap your smuggled booze in TP? It stops the booze getting broken and disguises it as well - win-win!;)

I trust Chengkp75's experience in this. I believe that if bringing toilet paper on board was an issue, Carnival would have it listed with other banned items and there would multiple threads on how to smuggle toilet paper on board. They have to supply toilet paper and are probably wanting to save money where possible. People who bring their own are saving Carnival even more.

I have certain brands of toilet tissue that I cannot use but have survived fine using Carnival's version for a week.

Thanks for the laugh everyone. I'm too busy enjoying the ports, food and laughs with my travel companions to be concerned with the toilet paper and how it's impacting my vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So basically you don't give a crap.

Maybe the confusion is that you think that it is "challenging to get by for a few days or a week".

It isn't necessarily challenging, just way below my usual standard at home. I can and have survived with it, but would prefer what I use at home. Knowing it wasn't an issue for plumbing I could really consider bringing some. It won't ruin my cruise to use it.

It maybe like I could eat at the buffet all week, but one might prefer to go to the MDR or specialty restaurant.

To each is their own, but to me quality (soft yet strong...not thin) TP is well worth the couple extra bucks. To you it may not be and that is ok. You might be picker than me on something different.

I think I get what you are saying. You go on Carnival to save money, being the cheap cruise line but with the money saved, you buy high quality TP!!!!! I rather spend more money on high quality cruise, and use the sand paper TP for the house.

This is like everything in life. I hear all the time, how someone does not have any money, and can't figure out how I can own two cars, a house, raise two kids, and have money to go on several trips a year, including International trips. Now the secret is this---I buy the cheapest TP I can find, buy cars that get me from point A to B efficiently (don't need heated seats), and use coupons. I live in the South, I drink Ice Tea everyday, but it is unsweetened because Sugar cost too much, and not good for you, and Tea is cheap as long as you have no sugar.

I think I get what you are saying. You go on Carnival to save money, being the cheap cruise line but with the money saved, you buy high quality TP!!!!! I rather spend more money on high quality cruise, and use the sand paper TP for the house.

This is like everything in life. I hear all the time, how someone does not have any money, and can't figure out how I can own two cars, a house, raise two kids, and have money to go on several trips a year, including International trips. Now the secret is this---I buy the cheapest TP I can find, buy cars that get me from point A to B efficiently (don't need heated seats), and use coupons. I live in the South, I drink Ice Tea everyday, but it is unsweetened because Sugar cost too much, and not good for you, and Tea is cheap as long as you have no sugar.

Nice try, but no. Maybe you should give up on the life coach attempts to ppl who didn't ask for your advice.

First off I highly doubt you can buy a luxury cruise for the difference between that and Carnival on toilet paper cost savings in 6 months. If you can then why is that so impressive to go that luxury line?

Consider the possibility that some choose Carnival to avoid people who think they are better than others bc they cruise luxury lines. Maybe some prefer the relaxed atmosphere verses being in competition with unpleasant "upper class". Not that everyone on luxury lines are that way, just apparently quite a few who post on CC.

I don't know what your definition of quality is. If you prefer a week or two of slightly better things on vacation verses higher quality items you use multiple times a day great, it's your life and your choice.

Since your seemingly so interested in my financial status I'm 40, own a home with less owed than some owe on cars, I have 2 cars, well 4 if you count the 2 for my kids, have raised 2 children, one in college and one is a Senior in HS, and we were blessed to have had many vacations.

With that said I don't think I'm better than others who don't have that. I have been blessed and worked hard. I'm sure I have more than many and less than many. How people choose to spend their money is not my concern, nor should it be yours.

If I need a life coach in the future I'll let you know.......I called a professional. [emoji23]

I am always amused by postings that criticize Carnival when the poster has never sailed on a Carnival ship. I am also amused when someone who has never sailed another cruiseline other than Carnival states opinions about those lines.

Tickles my funny bone.

Nice try, but no. Maybe you should give up on the life coach attempts to ppl who didn't ask for your advice.

First off I highly doubt you can buy a luxury cruise for the difference between that and Carnival on toilet paper cost savings in 6 months. If you can then why is that so impressive to go that luxury line?

Consider the possibility that some choose Carnival to avoid people who think they are better than others bc they cruise luxury lines. Maybe some prefer the relaxed atmosphere verses being in competition with unpleasant "upper class". Not that everyone on luxury lines are that way, just apparently quite a few who post on CC.

I don't know what your definition of quality is. If you prefer a week or two of slightly better things on vacation verses higher quality items you use multiple times a day great, it's your life and your choice.

Since your seemingly so interested in my financial status I'm 40, own a home with less owed than some owe on cars, I have 2 cars, well 4 if you count the 2 for my kids, have raised 2 children, one in college and one is a Senior in HS, and we were blessed to have had many vacations.

With that said I don't think I'm better than others who don't have that. I have been blessed and worked hard. I'm sure I have more than many and less than many. How people choose to spend their money is not my concern, nor should it be yours.

If I need a life coach in the future I'll let you know.......I called a professional. [emoji23]

I'm pretty sure the TP was just an example. I feel the same way about saving money on trivial things all year round so that we can splurge on many vacations. It's more than just saving on one item, it's an entire lifestyle. For example, I plan meals based upon what food is on sale, I buy cheap toilet paper, have a modest house and cars, I borrow books and movies from the library down the street instead of buying them, I order water at restaurants, etc etc. It not only leaves us extra money for vacation, but we can partake in more memorable activities locally.

The moral of the story is that there are more important things in life than toilet paper.

I'm pretty sure the TP was just an example. I feel the same way about saving money on trivial things all year round so that we can splurge on many vacations. It's more than just saving on one item, it's an entire lifestyle. For example, I plan meals based upon what food is on sale, I buy cheap toilet paper, have a modest house and cars, I borrow books and movies from the library down the street instead of buying them, I order water at restaurants, etc etc. It not only leaves us extra money for vacation, but we can partake in more memorable activities locally.

The moral of the story is that there are more important things in life than toilet paper.

Congrats. I'm glad you are pleased with your purchases. As I am with mine.

I don't need anyone's acceptance on what I choose to buy or not buy. I'm doing perfectly fine making my own decisions with money.

TP was the topic of the thread and I was referencing that. Buying more expensive TP doesn't cause people not to go on vacation [emoji23]

I don't think anyone says TP was the top priority in life. Or it is challenging not to have decent TP.

Moral of the story should be neither TP nor vacation are the most important things in life.

Congrats. I'm glad you are pleased with your purchases. As I am with mine.

I don't need anyone's acceptance on what I choose to buy or not buy. I'm doing perfectly fine making my own decisions with money.

TP was the topic of the thread and I was referencing that. Buying more expensive TP doesn't cause people not to go on vacation [emoji23]

I don't think anyone says TP was the top priority in life. Or it is challenging not to have decent TP.

Moral of the story should be neither TP nor vacation are the most important things in life.

Well, considering this thread exists in the first place, clearly there are people who prioritize TP. No need to get offended. People are expressing varying opinions which happens on every thread. No one is lecturing anyone else. What you choose to do with your life is your business.

Also, to me, vacation is more important than most things.

Well, considering this thread exists in the first place, clearly there are people who prioritize TP. No need to get offended. People are expressing varying opinions which happens on every thread. No one is lecturing anyone else. What you choose to do with your life is your business.

Also, to me, vacation is more important than most things.

Who said I was offended?

Does it bother you so much if someone wants to bring TP with them? Is that any different than shampoo, body wash, etc?

Your post came across to me a tad like you're doing it wrong, you should do like me and....

Agreed my money spending is my business and yours is your business. I don't so much have an issue with your post, just suggesting you appear to be blowing the TP priority out of proportion. People thinking the quality provided is poor and bringing their own doesn't mean it's challenging or top priority is what I'm saying.

If you're good with it great. It doesn't make you wrong or someone who bringing some wrong. Maybe you want to bring a hair dryer or straightener along, where I wouldn't waste space for that. Not right or wrong. People are different and that is okay.

I can think of many things more important than vacation to me. General happiness, family, good health, financial security, time with people important to me, etc.

For clarity would I chose TP alone over vacation, probably not. But that alone won't cause me not to go on vacation. Of course if your super picky and need top of line everything and are frivolous then maybe it would depending on the finances. Maybe that is what you were attempting to get across.

Like I eluded to before many people have certain items they are picky about, if they financially can be.

Many woman spent IMO a ridiculous amount of money on fake nails, tanning, or hair coloring. I don't do that, instead I buy nice TP and sheets [emoji12] To each their own.

I only have one word "SERIOUSLY?" It's one week of your life, get over it. This is the crappiest thread ever on CC. Can we finish and flush this thread down the toilet.

Edited by coevan
spelling

Who said I was offended?

Does it bother you so much if someone wants to bring TP with them? Is that any different than shampoo, body wash, etc?

Your post came across to me a tad like you're doing it wrong, you should do like me and....

Agreed my money spending is my business and yours is your business. I don't so much have an issue with your post, just suggesting you appear to be blowing the TP priority out of proportion. People thinking the quality provided is poor and bringing their own doesn't mean it's challenging or top priority is what I'm saying.

If you're good with it great. It doesn't make you wrong or someone who bringing some wrong. Maybe you want to bring a hair dryer or straightener along, where I wouldn't waste space for that. Not right or wrong. People are different and that is okay.

I can think of many things more important than vacation to me. General happiness, family, good health, financial security, time with people important to me, etc.

For clarity would I chose TP alone over vacation, probably not. But that alone won't cause me not to go on vacation. Of course if your super picky and need top of line everything and are frivolous then maybe it would depending on the finances. Maybe that is what you were attempting to get across.

Like I eluded to before many people have certain items they are picky about, if they financially can be.

Many woman spent IMO a ridiculous amount of money on fake nails, tanning, or hair coloring. I don't do that, instead I buy nice TP and sheets [emoji12] To each their own.

Never once said that my way is the only way. And what bothers me is clogged toilets. I really don't care what you wipe your butt with as long as it doesn't mess up the plumbing.

Never once said that my way is the only way. And what bothers me is clogged toilets. I really don't care what you wipe your butt with as long as it doesn't mess up the plumbing.

I didn't say you directly said your way was the only way. I said it came across as your way was better to me.

I also said I haven't brought TP before. For the very reason you mention. I wouldn't clog pipes selfishly like I'm all that matters and the TP is unusable. I didn't think prior to this thread that it may be okay to use.

I said after hearing from someone on this chain that has personal experiences working on ship's plumbing that it wouldn't that I would seriously consider taking some.

As someone already stated it isn't on the forbidden list which I thought was a good point and suggested there may be truth to it not causing clogging.

Don't worry I would ask on board first if it indeed was okay to use.

We good now?