Carnival Pride ????

MDcruzin_24601

We (family of 4) are thinking of taking Carnival Pride for Spring Break 2019. We live 40 mins away but never sailed from Baltimore in the Spring. However, this would be an opportunity to avoid airline and hotel fees if we sail from this port but we're not sure of what to expect when sailing from a cold weather port. :)

I know the Pride has a retractable roof but when will the water slides be available?

Will they be closed for the first 2 days as weather may be a little chilly?

We sailed on Pride for the first time this August & loved it so much that we came home & booked for New Year's Eve! I know we will have 2 days there & back with temps too cool for sunning & swimming, but we're taking this trip for total relaxation. I've heard that the pool's retractable roof can only be operated when docked. I'd imagine it'll be closed when we board on New Year's Eve. so that we can partake in semi-outdoor activities as we ring in 2018. If you have any questions as to what the ship is like, please ask.

We have sailed the Pride 7 times in the springs, fall and winter. The best answer is it truly depends on the weather forecast for the first two days. We have had 7 days of cold weather with roof closed the whole trip. We had trip that were warm and the roof open all 7 days and we had the mix the roof closed the first and last 2 days. If the weather is warm the slides may be open.

We love the Pride and sailing out of Baltimore have a great time!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We're on the Pride in two weeks coming up for Thanksgiving. We've done this before and as others have mentioned the roof will be closed most of the time the two days out and maybe two days back. I believe all the pools were open though (not heated). The slides are more based on winds than weather - if you have windy days they could stay closed longer (especially the Thunder drop slide).

We (family of 4) are thinking of taking Carnival Pride for Spring Break 2019. We live 40 mins away but never sailed from Baltimore in the Spring. However, this would be an opportunity to avoid airline and hotel fees if we sail from this port but we're not sure of what to expect when sailing from a cold weather port. :)

I know the Pride has a retractable roof but when will the water slides be available?

Will they be closed for the first 2 days as weather may be a little chilly?

We will be on the Pride for the 6th time in February 2018. We last sailed the Pride in March 2017. Left Baltimore on March 26, and our weather was fabulous. It was unusually mild on our day of departure, and the weather the rest of the cruise was great. I don't believe the retractable pool roof was used at all. I don't know about the water slides

We always sail the Pride in February, but this year we decided to change it up (Mar. 2017). As I mentioned, we're going in Feb. 2018, and fingers are always crossed for the weather. We've been very lucky for all of our Feb. Pride cruises in the past. We've dodged a couple of snowstorms, and really frigid weather. We live 1 1/2 hrs. from Baltimore, so we get to Baltimore the day before the cruise....just in case. Anyway I think on one or two of our Feb. cruises, the retractable roof was used maybe the first 1 1/2 days heading out, and again at least one day on the way back.

P.S. We love the Pride, and we love leaving from the Port of Baltimore...no flying, and better than leaving from Manhattan.

I just came off the Pride. They didn't close it for rain, so I am not sure if it was not functional or if they didn't want to have to leave it closed for 2 days. My last trip in April they did close it. One issue I have heard with the Spirit class ships is that they cannot open or close them when the ship is in motion. Having just come off of her during a wet autumn, I can say only the first Sea Day did I not spend time outside. In any case I am sure they will have the Mid pool enclosure functioning if it is snowing outside. Only the mid ship pool is covered (the area with Red Frog, Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina) and it can be accessed by the middle bank of elevators.

I did once go on a cruise - The Splendor out of NYC - where it snowed on the first day out. It was alot of fun to sit in the hot tub while it snowed. If it snows while on the Pride - you could do the same in the forward or Serenity pool.

Otherwise, I really like the Pride alot. I did have had a snafu or two during Embarkation (once with the Fire Marshal closing the facility and the computers going down). I like that the ship has a Bonsai, Guy's and Chopsticks at the buffet. The decor is a little overdone, but it is the most tasteful of the Spirit ships in my opinion. The shows 88 Keys and 80's Pop are great. This is also one of the few Spirit Class ships that have a movie screen outside. My only complaint is I wish Serenity was a little larger on this ship.