Non-working Refrigerators in Cabins on Carnival Pride

mejoe39

We were just on the Carnival Pride for the Halloween cruise. As we usually do, we brought some sodas on board and planned to put them in the refrigerator in the cabin. When we got to the cabin there was a refrigerator but it was empty and not working. We called the front desk to report that the refrigerator was not working and were told that it is a (I forget the exact word they used) thing to keep things at room temperature. Really? You need an appliance for that?

So for the rest of the cruise we had the room steward bring in ice.

Is this a new thing that is taking place on other Carnival ships or just the Pride?

It has always been hit or miss with the temperature of those little fridges.

Really, an appliance to keep things at room temp? Why then did Carnival use them as a mini bar for soft drinks?

You were too kind. I would have politely requested a working fridge. I understand they can't guarantee temperature but it does need to function as some sort of cooling device.

Why then did Carnival use them as a mini bar for soft drinks?

Because at that time it was a possible revenue source for the Cruise line. Just like at hotels

Now, it's no longer a revenue source. No reason to maintain the fridge.

On our 14 day Panama Camel cruise,our fridge wasn't cooling. Pulled out the fridge and found the temp controller on the back. It was set on 1. Turned it all the way up and had cold drinks the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We were just on the Carnival Pride for the Halloween cruise. As we usually do, we brought some sodas on board and planned to put them in the refrigerator in the cabin. When we got to the cabin there was a refrigerator but it was empty and not working. We called the front desk to report that the refrigerator was not working and were told that it is a (I forget the exact word they used) thing to keep things at room temperature. Really? You need an appliance for that?

So for the rest of the cruise we had the room steward bring in ice.

Is this a new thing that is taking place on other Carnival ships or just the Pride?

wow and to think the folks at guest services get tipped (via autotips) for making comments like that.