All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

When did they replace the gangway? Is it back from the line of shipping containers? Also very curious when the lounge happened as well. It seemed like we were just on her but I guess that way Fall 2015... Maybe a little longer than I realized!

The gangway has been back a few months. I don't know when the lounge started, my last cruise was the first time I was eligible to use it, really didn't 'use' it though. We were pretty much whisked right through it.

When we cruised in April I was told they add the "lounge" when the Pride sailed out of Tampa in January and February. We were only in it for a very short period of time, walk in received our S&S card and boarded. But it is not the hallway any more and they had coffee, water etc. They started to use the gangway in March I believe.

• 3 months later...
Who was the CD in April?

Do they scan everyone's S&S for Muster?....I can imagine that being a mess while everyone stands in a line trying to find their cards. :rolleyes:

They did this on our recent Sunshine cruise and it was surprisingly smooth. They made several announcements to have your card handy. I didn’t even have to take mine off the lanyard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope the Pride stays in Baltimore. I think CCL has two more one year options left with Baltimore.

Me too! We love the Pride. We only did the Sunshine because we wanted to go to Canada, then as it turned out the Pride went to Canada too. [emoji16]. We had 2 more ports, though.

They should do a couple of Canada cruises on the Pride out of Baltimore.

Me too! We love the Pride. We only did the Sunshine because we wanted to go to Canada, then as it turned out the Pride went to Canada too. [emoji16]. We had 2 more ports, though.

They should do a couple of Canada cruises on the Pride out of Baltimore.

I like that idea.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The maitre D should be Ken Burns. He is amazing. Wait until you hear him sing :)

We like him too. He was or is scheduled to leave to deliver the Horizon this spring. But will be returning to the Pride.

Looking way back at the first few pages of this post there is lots of talk about bad vibrations on The Pride. Is this still the case? We are booked for this May and have always had a aft balcony. This will be our first cruise departing from so far north. The seas have always been fairly smooth on previous cruises. Should I now be worried about a vibration also?

Looking way back at the first few pages of this post there is lots of talk about bad vibrations on The Pride. Is this still the case? We are booked for this May and have always had a aft balcony. This will be our first cruise departing from so far north. The seas have always been fairly smooth on previous cruises. Should I now be worried about a vibration also?

Will let you know. We are in an aft balcony on deck 7, sailing on the 28th of this month.

My niece has stayed in one of those. I asked her about vibration. She said there was no problem. I would think that the lower decks may be the ones where you'd feel it. I don't know what deck she was on.

We have stayed in the aft wraps on the 4th floor. There is some vibration when at sea (not bad). When docking or pulling away and they turn the azipods, there is def vibrations but only at that time.

The maitre D should be Ken Burns. He is amazing. Wait until you hear him sing :)

I was just emailing with Ken and his last day on the Pride until later this year is this Sunday, 1/28/18.

I was just emailing with Ken and his last day on the Pride until later this year is this Sunday, 1/28/18.

This breaks my heart! I was so excited to sail with him Feb. 18..... oh well. Now I can miss a night in the MDR and not feel like I really missed anything!

This breaks my heart! I was so excited to sail with him Feb. 18..... oh well. Now I can miss a night in the MDR and not feel like I really missed anything!

We were on the 1/7-1/21 Journeys cruise and he did not sing every night anyway! Not sure why. One thing that bothered me a bit is that we had YTD which is on deck 3 and tried to get tables at the railing so we could see and hear him sing. We were only successful 2 nights out of 14, and we were there 15 minutes before doors opened! :eek: I don't understand why he can't come to 3rd deck even one night . There is a nice "stage" area deck 3 aft where a few of the waiters would do their dancing and it would be a perfect spot for him to sing. We have met him personally on a number of occasions (this was our 5th and 6th week on the Pride) and one of the days was DH'es birthday which I emailed him about and I kind of hoped he'd come up and sing HB to him! Mini rant over!!!! Wonder where he is going.

We stayed in 6196 6/2014 and the vibration was awful. It was constant and in the MDR too. I’m not sure why the vibration on Pride gets down played on these boards but I’d never sail her again unless I hear the problem has been fixed. It’s not something like rocking on the ship that lulls some to sleep it’s like having your phone on vibrate in your pocket and it’s going off 24/7. We couldnt keep anything on our counters in the cabin as they’d vibrate right off in the middle of the night. In the MDR you heard constant china clicking all the time.

If wish the ship engineer that posts on these threads would give some true insight into what causes this on the Pride.

We were on the 1/7-1/21 Journeys cruise and he did not sing every night anyway! Not sure why. One thing that bothered me a bit is that we had YTD which is on deck 3 and tried to get tables at the railing so we could see and hear him sing. We were only successful 2 nights out of 14, and we were there 15 minutes before doors opened! :eek: I don't understand why he can't come to 3rd deck even one night . There is a nice "stage" area deck 3 aft where a few of the waiters would do their dancing and it would be a perfect spot for him to sing. We have met him personally on a number of occasions (this was our 5th and 6th week on the Pride) and one of the days was DH'es birthday which I emailed him about and I kind of hoped he'd come up and sing HB to him! Mini rant over!!!! Wonder where he is going.

Ken has an affinity for the Pride. Other than bringing over a new ship, it is his ship of choice.