Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Sorry if this is old news...but in the aftermath of my Bliss-booking excitement, I ordered the Norwegian brochure for 2017-2019. It came today with a letter talking about recent news and I was surprised to see this:

"We would also like to inform you that after a successful two-year partnership, we will no longer be working with the Pubbelly Restaurant Group or Jose Garces, effective October 21, 2017. Though the partnerships are not continuing, Norwegian Escape will still offer Food Republic, Bayamo, and Pinchos Tapas Bar dining venues."

I didn't make it to Food Republic on the Escape but always heard good things about it so I thought I would get another chance this time around. Don't the Bliss deck plans show Food Republic being in the same place it is on the Escape?

No great loss... We had a reservation at Bayamo on a recent Escape trip but when our group of 5 people read the menu nobody could find a single item that they wanted to order... Everyone decided to give it a pass; It was no surprise the restaurant was almost empty. Ocean Blue on the Getaway has a far more appealing menu hence it always being busy.

All the space on ships needs to be put to productive use..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry if this is old news...but in the aftermath of my Bliss-booking excitement, I ordered the Norwegian brochure for 2017-2019. It came today with a letter talking about recent news and I was surprised to see this:

"We would also like to inform you that after a successful two-year partnership, we will no longer be working with the Pubbelly Restaurant Group or Jose Garces, effective October 21, 2017. Though the partnerships are not continuing, Norwegian Escape will still offer Food Republic, Bayamo, and Pinchos Tapas Bar dining venues."

I didn't make it to Food Republic on the Escape but always heard good things about it so I thought I would get another chance this time around. Don't the Bliss deck plans show Food Republic being in the same place it is on the Escape?

New to me, nothing about it on NCL or the deck plans indeed, let's see how this unfolds..

New to me, nothing about it on NCL or the deck plans indeed, let's see how this unfolds..

The description for Food Republic on the Bliss just drops the Pubbelly reference. I have a feeling this end-of-partnership, if that’s even what it was, will be rather transparent - nobody will notice a change.

10cb5a1856a0ab748d9440e9a80a707e.jpg

No great loss... We had a reservation at Bayamo on a recent Escape trip but when our group of 5 people read the menu nobody could find a single item that they wanted to order... Everyone decided to give it a pass; It was no surprise the restaurant was almost empty. Ocean Blue on the Getaway has a far more appealing menu hence it always being busy.

All the space on ships needs to be put to productive use..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to say, I very much enjoyed Bayamo on my Escape 2015 trip.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have to say, I very much enjoyed Bayamo on my Escape 2015 trip.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The menu there was just not for me, apparently. We went ahead and gave it a try in spite of that. It was just "ok". We much preferred Ocean Blue.

Tom

Very sad. We love Food Republic and Pincho's all 5 times we've been aboard the Escape. I have no idea what NCL will do to them. I can only guess they won't be trying to improve them. Most likely they'll be reducing their cost. Very Sad. Just one less reason to reserve the Bliss.

Very sad. We love Food Republic and Pincho's all 5 times we've been aboard the Escape. I have no idea what NCL will do to them. I can only guess they won't be trying to improve them. Most likely they'll be reducing their cost. Very Sad. Just one less reason to reserve the Bliss.
I would not let the potential loss of Food Republic and Bayamo deter anyone from booking Bliss. I see too many positives with Bliss that I would not even consider cancelling my Alaska booking on her

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Regarding the painting, I noticed in the clip shared by Two Wheels that they use a floating pontoon/barge? with a sky worker on it to do the bow art. Which means the drydock was filled, of course. ;)

There's a divider between Bliss and the AIDA megablock, so Meyer can choose to float out the megablock without the need to float Bliss too. Bliss is furthest in, AIDA is between Bliss and the door. I am not sure how it went with previous builds and due to the current build speed it's hard to make a good guess when they will float Bliss.

A good tell tale should be the removal of the tarp covering Bliss' ducktail (aft), visible from the viewing gallery.

With the timeline to mid Feb I would say after the holidays, January and finished before February? The paint was always dry at float out time in the past. :)