Voyager OTS TV connections

Hi All.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but cant find it.

Wondering if there are any plugs on the TV's on Voyager that will allow us to watch movies via the Laptop,

Assuming Voyager is the same as other RCCL ships and only has Pay per View movies.

If anyone can please advise what the setup is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Karen

Edited by sheba376
spelling

We copy the films/TV programmes on to a small memory stick before we travel. As most of the TVs on RCI ships are Samsung ones, we bought a cheap all-compatible Samsung remote control. We take it with us, plug in the memory stick to one of the USB ports on the side of the TV and take out the RCI shipboard cable from the rear or side. The TV always recognises the new remote and you can then use it to change the output to recognise the USB (can't remember offhand what it's called). Most times, it doesn't work if you leave the RCI cable in. We just plug it back in if we need to check a bill on the TV.

The TVs do have HDMI inputs, however people have reported being unable to select the other inout with the supplied remote. Some report success using a universal remote.

I'ts been 11 years since I was on Voyager, I assume she got flat screens in an update somewhere? Jewel was the last ship I was on that still had CRTs. Looking forward to seeing her with flat screens next year.

I use my phone...we have a Samsung, and it works as a remote control as well. I've head great fun in the cigar lounge with it.

The Samsung loses that functionality with the s7, so keep that in mind when you upgrade. I use to have fun with it too, Went to a bar and they had Karaoke and the TV's turned off. I used my phone to turn the TV on and select closed captioning.

I'ts been 11 years since I was on Voyager, I assume she got flat screens in an update somewhere? Jewel was the last ship I was on that still had CRTs. Looking forward to seeing her with flat screens next year.

I believe all the ships have flat screens in the guest staterooms now.

I believe all the ships have flat screens in the guest staterooms now.

Good, when I was on Jewel in 2014 most of the non-suite rooms still had the CRTs, but the program Royal utilizes to show the ship's position now has a wide screen friendly format, and really looked terrible on a regular CRT size ratio.

• 4 weeks later...
Currently on Brilliance OTS. Put an HDMI cable from device into HDMI (DVI) and put on Channel 3. Voila!

I think this is a new thing - same thing on Navigator last week - ch 3 is the HDMI input, no need to switch inputs.

This past cruise on the Ovation I successfully switched the input of the TV to "Screen Mirroring" mode using my Sony Z2 Tablet's infrared port and proceeded to do a screen "throw" to display whatever content I had on the tablet. No cables or whatever to plug in at all - plus the TV automatically changes back too the default RCCL input once the throw mode on the tablet is turned off. :D

17973624_10212501795516674_617327280150742075_o.jpg?oh=738cda71d5505c243ccde9efa201e1b2&oe=598790F4

• 7 months later...