Oasis #6230 accessible balcony

Rjh8842

I booked this room as a christmas present for my parents. They have never had a balcony so I splurged. Today they got off the freedom. They had a promenade view wheelchair room. The problem was that the way they had the furniture set up my dad could not reach the window. The attendant was able to move one piece of furniture but the rest could not be moved.

So my concern is is he even going to be able to get to the balcony? He does have a wide chair. And if he can get to the balcony will there be furniture on the balcony blocking him? unfortunately this cruise is a year out and already sold out of wheelchair rooms except suites. So I can not change rooms. Please tell me that I am worrying over nothing. Tia

If he's in an ACCESSIBLE balcony cabin, yes indeed, he will be able to access the balcony! His cabin will be almost as large as a JS (just a tad shorter), and will offer PLENTY of space for his wheelchair! No worries!

The promenade cabin, while accessible, doesn't put much into that window....it's mainly to give you the "feel" that it's not an "inside" cabin.

If you booked 6230, that is a superior ocean view balcony, not a promenade view. Why were they placed in the promenade view.? I would want to know why they were switched.

You need to reread the original post. OP is talking about two totally different cruises - one just completed and one yet to come.

OP - suggest you post this on the disabled board. You are likely to get better information.

You need to reread the original post. OP is talking about two totally different cruises - one just completed and one yet to come.

OP - suggest you post this on the disabled board. You are likely to get better information.

Thanks. You are quite right. I did not pick up Christmas present part. I have to learn to read and comprehend.