Anyone that just got back from visiting Grand Turk

Beachgirl676

Thank you my cruise will be going to half moon cay as well my biggest concern is it's going to be January so not sure how "beach weather" it's going to be. I heard the water is freezing that's why I was looking for other alternatives I heard a lot of good about the golf carts but wasn't sure with the recent hurricane. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we have gone 4 times in jan, 2 were cold and 2 were nice swiming weather so it is good to have a back up plan

we have gone 4 times in jan, 2 were cold and 2 were nice swiming weather so it is good to have a back up plan

Yes I agree after researching it seems to be that way, hit or miss. This is only my 2nd cruise, my first was in August. I don't know what to expect with it being January it's going to be a totally different experience just praying it's going to be a warm year down there!!

I emailed MaxKart and also Wet Money 3 days ago and have not heard back from either. I did get an auto reply form MaxKart that they received my email and would look into my request as soon as possible. I'm not holding out much hope for either:(

I emailed MaxKart and also Wet Money 3 days ago and have not heard back from either. I did get an auto reply form MaxKart that they received my email and would look into my request as soon as possible. I'm not holding out much hope for either:(

Wow that's such a shame and really disappointing to hear☹️

I emailed wet money the day that Karib canceled the reservations on everyone (11/15 ish). I got a response the next day and was able to confirm a golf cart. Keep trying to make contact.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I emailed wet money the day that Karib canceled the reservations on everyone (11/15 ish). I got a response the next day and was able to confirm a golf cart. Keep trying to make contact.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you, I will keep trying.

So then it sounds like Margaritaville is back up and running? I checked their website and didn't see anything that they were running with limited menu of food. We are headed their next month and our plan was to go there.

We were in Grand Turk the day after Thanksgiving. We went ashore and got tickets to ride the trolley tour, which we really enjoyed. We went to a small shopping area, past the salt ponds where our guide did a little demonstration on how they used to gather salt, up to the lighthouse, and in areas that showed the impact of the hurricanes. Our guide told us history of the island and was entertaining. When we got back, we toured the John Glen exhibit. Some of our group did beach for the remainder of day, some shopped, and some of us headed back to the ship for a couple of hours of use of ship pools when the ship was less crowded. We had a good day at Grand Turk and were pleased with the choices we made.

Following the information on the page, I decided to rent a golf cart from Karib's for our port day there on Dec 23rd. It will be my husband and two kids, as well, so it should be an interesting time. The rental was $90 for the day with a $45 deposit by PayPal. That is MUCH cheaper than any excursion the four of us could do...even if we only go out for a couple of hours , it will be well worth it...

I am quite excited to see how it all turns out! ;p

• 3 weeks later...

FYI if you are planning on renting from Karib golf carts any time soon. I reserved a cart for 2/2/18 through the website on Friday and paid a 50% deposit through Pay Pal. I just got an email advising that there was a fire at their facility and many carts were damaged. They refunded my deposit.

I appreciate the prompt action. Guess if they didn’t have bad luck this year they’d have no luck. Hopefully, 2018 will be a better year for them and the island🤞🙏Sad!😪

Hi! We just returned from a stop in Grand Turk on Dec. 13. We had visited Grand Turk on a cruise a couple of years ago and LOVED IT! This trip was "different". We did rent a 4 passenger golf cart (from Grand Turk Adventures, Omar was awesome!) and toured the island on our own. We were told that although the power was back on, it hadn't been on that long. Different degrees of destruction were everywhere. We were able to see beaches/sights that we wouldn't have normally been able to see, but it was heartbreaking at the same time. That being said, the locals were so friendly! Waving and smiling everywhere we went. They were great! We went to Governors Beach, over by the beached ship, to look for sea glass. That area was still in pretty rough shape but the shelling was fantastic.

Jack's Shack was up and running with a regular menu and strong drinks. Conch fritters, yummy! BUT...and this has nothing to do with Jack's... the flies were absolutely horrendous. I've been on more than one farm in my life, so I know what lots of flies look like. This was unlike anything I've ever seen. We were told by someone at Jack's that nothing had been done with the dump since the storms, and now they were being overrun by flies. I can not confirm nor deny that info, but that's what we were told by a local. Hopefully something has has since happened to improve the fly situation for the locals and tourists.

The port area was in great shape. Other than lots of new vegetation that had recently been planted, I didn't see any signs of damage.

I'm glad that we were able to see the island and contribute to it by putting much needed money back into their economy. They need it. If you're going to Grand Turk expecting to see a pristine location, stay in the port area. If you want to add to the local economy and see remnants of the Hell they must have gone through a few months ago, please venture out and see the island. The lighthouse / zip line area is up and operational. The wild donkeys are fun to see. There are beaches outside of the port area that are great to explore. If you're feeling a bit adventurous, get a map and go! For those of you who are wondering... I always felt safe. :) I hope this helped!

Hi! We just returned from a stop in Grand Turk on Dec. 13. We had visited Grand Turk on a cruise a couple of years ago and LOVED IT! This trip was "different". We did rent a 4 passenger golf cart (from Grand Turk Adventures, Omar was awesome!) and toured the island on our own. We were told that although the power was back on, it hadn't been on that long. Different degrees of destruction were everywhere. We were able to see beaches/sights that we wouldn't have normally been able to see, but it was heartbreaking at the same time. That being said, the locals were so friendly! Waving and smiling everywhere we went. They were great! We went to Governors Beach, over by the beached ship, to look for sea glass. That area was still in pretty rough shape but the shelling was fantastic.

Jack's Shack was up and running with a regular menu and strong drinks. Conch fritters, yummy! BUT...and this has nothing to do with Jack's... the flies were absolutely horrendous. I've been on more than one farm in my life, so I know what lots of flies look like. This was unlike anything I've ever seen. We were told by someone at Jack's that nothing had been done with the dump since the storms, and now they were being overrun by flies. I can not confirm nor deny that info, but that's what we were told by a local. Hopefully something has has since happened to improve the fly situation for the locals and tourists.

The port area was in great shape. Other than lots of new vegetation that had recently been planted, I didn't see any signs of damage.

I'm glad that we were able to see the island and contribute to it by putting much needed money back into their economy. They need it. If you're going to Grand Turk expecting to see a pristine location, stay in the port area. If you want to add to the local economy and see remnants of the Hell they must have gone through a few months ago, please venture out and see the island. The lighthouse / zip line area is up and operational. The wild donkeys are fun to see. There are beaches outside of the port area that are great to explore. If you're feeling a bit adventurous, get a map and go! For those of you who are wondering... I always felt safe. :) I hope this helped!

Thanks for this info! So very helpful! Our family will be there near the end of February and were interested in possibly renting golf carts and you just sold us on the idea. Looking forward to it! :-)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app