Singapore disembarkation - Marina Bay Cruise Centre pick up time?

swong

Our cruise ship, Sapphire Princess, is scheduled to arrive at Marina Bay Cruise port at 7am on January 9th. We would like to pre-book a driver / van for our family of 4 for transportation to Changi Airport. What time would you recommend for the driver to show up? We will need to pick up our luggages first before meeting the driver. Thanks for your suggestions.

I would have thought it was more important to work back from the time of your flight (which you did not mention).

9th. January is a Tuesday so rush hour traffic.

So 2 hours before the flight fo security etc., 1 hour to look round the airport (well worth it), up to 1 hour to get to the airport, in total 4 hours so you are not rushed.

If you have time why not take a ships excursion to see some of Singapore that withen you off at the airport.

I would have thought it was more important to work back from the time of your flight (which you did not mention).

9th. January is a Tuesday so rush hour traffic.

So 2 hours before the flight fo security etc., 1 hour to look round the airport (well worth it), up to 1 hour to get to the airport, in total 4 hours so you are not rushed.

If you have time why not take a ships excursion to see some of Singapore that withen you off at the airport.

Guess I left off an important piece of information... our flight is at 3pm

Our cruise ship, Sapphire Princess, is scheduled to arrive at Marina Bay Cruise port at 7am on January 9th. We would like to pre-book a driver / van for our family of 4 for transportation to Changi Airport. What time would you recommend for the driver to show up? We will need to pick up our luggages first before meeting the driver. Thanks for your suggestions.

If you going straight to the airport and not exploring Singapore, IMO you don't need to pre-book as there are lots of Taxi around. There are Limo cabs available too where you pay from SGD$50 - SGD$55 per trip (not sure the exact fare now but can find out for you as I'll be at MBCC next week for my coming cruise)

If you are adventurous you can take the Singapore MRT to the Airport too. :)

If you going straight to the airport and not exploring Singapore, IMO you don't need to pre-book as there are lots of Taxi around. There are Limo cabs available too where you pay from SGD$50 - SGD$55 per trip (not sure the exact fare now but can find out for you as I'll be at MBCC next week for my coming cruise)

If you are adventurous you can take the Singapore MRT to the Airport too. :)

Since there are 4 of us, I figured it would be easier to book a vehicle that could accommodate us and the large pieces of luggage. We definitely don't want to take the MRT since it's going to take several transfers. Thanks for your suggestions.

Since there are 4 of us, I figured it would be easier to book a vehicle that could accommodate us and the large pieces of luggage. We definitely don't want to take the MRT since it's going to take several transfers. Thanks for your suggestions.

WELCOME to Singapore!! and wish you all have a wonderful time here. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how much you are being charged for pick-up. But indeed, there are many taxis, and the ride from Cruise Terminal to Airport shouldn't cost you too much, even if you take 2 cabs.

I made the below video to show visitors the Marina Bay cruise terminal, and how easy it is to take a taxi.

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know how much you are being charged for pick-up. But indeed, there are many taxis, and the ride from Cruise Terminal to Airport shouldn't cost you too much, even if you take 2 cabs.

I made the below video to show visitors the Marina Bay cruise terminal, and how easy it is to take a taxi.

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the informative video

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time I took a taxi from there, there was a very long queue. You might want to check to see if another cruise ship will be docking there on that day or not. Changi Airport is a destination in and of itself. Plenty to do there and they also offer free, short bus tours from the airport. If you arrive before you can check in your bags, I would expect there to be a place where you can store your luggage.