Knife size

bigandlil

I always take the biggest knife possible when on a cruise. You never know when there might be a grizzly bear attack, or an abduction attempt by aliens.

Exactly! Ship security will just not fit in my pocket! Ask me how I know!!!:D

I read that nothing larger than a four inch blade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have had locking 3" blades held. Locking blades are the concern as they are seen as offensive vs utilitarian. Non locking or utilitarian and you will be fine.

Not true in my experience. I always pack my Swiss Army knife in my checked bag and use it in our stateroom when we cruise. It has a 2 1/2" blade and it has never been an issue when boarding the ship. However, I would never try to board a plane with it in my hand carry bag.

Same here! They come in really handy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bring a pack rod and fish at many of the Caribbean ports. I carry a Leatherman at these ports and put it in my pack and through the scanner when I return to the ship. They usually detect it, and a conversation ensues. Seems like it was taken once and returned at the end of the cruise. But that may not have been a Princess cruise. Seems like I recall 3" being the limit.

I bring a pack rod and fish at many of the Caribbean ports. I carry a Leatherman at these ports and put it in my pack and through the scanner when I return to the ship. They usually detect it' date=' and a conversation ensues. Seems like it was taken once and returned at the end of the cruise. But that may not have been a Princess cruise. Seems like I recall 3" being the limit.[/quote']

FWIW. According to the Princess website under prohibited items...

Knives with a blade over 6.35 cm (2 ½ inches) or ½ inch at widest point. This includes bladed weapons, sharp pointed weapons, daggers, sabers, swords, axes, ice axes, hatchets, straight razors (shaving safety razors are allowed), razor blades not in a cartridge, box cutters, ice picks, meat cleavers and utility knives.