Can I add a person to an existing reservation?

SMN73

We have a cruise booked for May and I would love for my mom to go with us. I am on hold with Royal but am seeing posts about horrible wait times so thought I'd ask here.

Will Royal add my mom to our existing reservation under the 3rd passenger sails free promotion if I pay the taxes for her sailing? Our cruise still shows availability.

Thanks!

You will likely have to move to a different cabin category, the whole cruise will be repriced, and you will pay more money for the 1st/2nd passengers in order to get the 3rd for "free".

I did a mock booking and the only difference from what I paid and the addition of the 3rd person was the $74 tax for the 3rd person. We have a Jr Suite already paid in full.

It all depends on how full the ship is. Even though there are many cabins that can hold more than 2, the total number of "berths" is greater than the total number of "souls" that can be onboard.

Also, as stated above, they will reprice the cruise with the current rates for all passengers, even the first and second.

Can you do it, probably, but be prepared for the price to be adjusted even though the 3rd may be "free".

There are a couple factors in here

I don't think you can add her free because I believe that promo is only for new reservations

Also are you booked into a 3 person cabin? If not you'd have to change rooms then comes I to play if they have any open cabins and even if you do have 3 beds, they may not be able to add passengers depending on how full the ship is already

There are a couple factors in here

I don't think you can add her free because I believe that promo is only for new reservations

Also are you booked into a 3 person cabin? If not you'd have to change rooms then comes I to play if they have any open cabins and even if you do have 3 beds, they may not be able to add passengers depending on how full the ship is already

We are in a Junior Suite so it can hold 3 people. There is another deck 8 aft junior suite available at the same price I originally paid so I wouldn't be opposed to cancelling and rebooking in a pinch (I paid this off early so I don't know when final payment is on a May 19th cruise), but I've already paid for drink packages and excursions and it would be a major pain to do so.

I will call them and hope for the best. She has been a tough nut to crack about cruising at all but I think I could convince her for less than $100. Please cross your fingers for us! She is 73 and I would love for her to go!

We are in a Junior Suite so it can hold 3 people. There is another deck 8 aft junior suite available at the same price I originally paid so I wouldn't be opposed to cancelling and rebooking in a pinch (I paid this off early so I don't know when final payment is on a May 19th cruise), but I've already paid for drink packages and excursions and it would be a major pain to do so.

I will call them and hope for the best. She has been a tough nut to crack about cruising at all but I think I could convince her for less than $100. Please cross your fingers for us! She is 73 and I would love for her to go!

as requested, my fingers are crossed. I hope it works out for you and that you get to take a young-at-heart 73 year old during the promo.

You are about 2 weeks past final payment for a May 19 cruise.

We have a cruise booked for May and I would love for my mom to go with us. I am on hold with Royal but am seeing posts about horrible wait times so thought I'd ask here.

Will Royal add my mom to our existing reservation under the 3rd passenger sails free promotion if I pay the taxes for her sailing? Our cruise still shows availability.

Thanks!

We went through this very same scenario a couple of weeks ago. They made us cancel and re-book under the new promotion. We wound up paying an additional $410 (including taxes and gratuities) for the 3rd guest. We also had to step down to an interior cabin from a CP balcony on Allure. The deal seemed to be a better price than it would be if there were no promotion at all but I really didn't feel like the third person was free.

We wound up paying $879pp for the first two passengers, plus taxes and gratuities and then only taxes and gratuities for the 3rd. However, I know before the 3rd guest sailing free promo started the interior cabins were more like $749pp and $499 for the 3rd guest. So, again it was a better deal than without the promo, but not quite the $500 savings you see at first glance. It was more like $240.

I hope you get to take her. We took my mom a couple years ago when she was also in her 70's and she had a great time

You are about 2 weeks past final payment for a May 19 cruise.

I think the OP is on a 4 night Enchantment OTS cruise which I believe has a 60 day not 75 day final payment window. If that is the case she has 2 more days.

Gregg

I think the OP is on a 4 night Enchantment OTS cruise which I believe has a 60 day not 75 day final payment window. If that is the case she has 2 more days.

Gregg

I was just coming to post that same thing. OP is very close to final payment if they are talking about their EN cruise.

I talked to Royal. I have until Thursday to cancel and rebook. They can cancel me, rebook in the same cabin. She can sail...taxes, gratuities, trip insurance, and the Blue Lagoon Beach day we've already booked for $215! I am VERY happy with that price.

I told you she has been a tough one about cruising. She LOVE roller coasters, she has zip lined over a river, done multiple helicopter tours, and loves the ocean, but has been hesitant on this for some reason. I talked to her and got an "I'll think about it and let you know by in the morning". HAHA It's a start.

I just know that my time with her is precious. I really hope she lets me do this for her. I will let you all know tomorrow!!

I talked to Royal. I have until Thursday to cancel and rebook. They can cancel me, rebook in the same cabin. She can sail...taxes, gratuities, trip insurance, and the Blue Lagoon Beach day we've already booked for $215! I am VERY happy with that price.

I told you she has been a tough one about cruising. She LOVE roller coasters, she has zip lined over a river, done multiple helicopter tours, and loves the ocean, but has been hesitant on this for some reason. I talked to her and got an "I'll think about it and let you know by in the morning". HAHA It's a start.

I just know that my time with her is precious. I really hope she lets me do this for her. I will let you all know tomorrow!!

If I were you, I'd put a courtesy hold on a triple JS while she sleeps on it. It would be too bad if they sold their allotment of free 3rd passengers while you wait for a decision. If she decides against it, the hold will harmlessly expire.

If I were you, I'd put a courtesy hold on a triple JS while she sleeps on it. It would be too bad if they sold their allotment of free 3rd passengers while you wait for a decision. If she decides against it, the hold will harmlessly expire.

Should I put the hold on the other AFT JS that I wouldn't mind having if something crazy happens with rebooking our current JS?

Thanks for all the help. We are booked in an aft JS 8172 currently. I just put the hold on aft JS 8670 wich is 2 doors down. That way if something happens I am just as happy in that room.

I might just tell her it's a done deal and to be picking out clothes. LOL

Thanks for all the help. We are booked in an aft JS 8172 currently. I just put the hold on aft JS 8670 wich is 2 doors down. That way if something happens I am just as happy in that room.

That might be a good way to do it :D

I'm glad you have a nice cabin on hold.

if you think "done deal" line will work, go for it. most of us can guess how our mom's might react. My mom might resent having the decision taken away, but she is not one to waste money.

She is going!! Her birthday is May 28th so my sister, brother and I told her it would be our birthday gift to her. She agreed (she is funny about us grown kids "paying her way" for no reason). I am going to call tomorrow and get it all paid for and taken care of. I'll let you know how that process goes.

Thanks so much for all the help. This has made my day. My mom is my best friend and although my daughter and I would have had fun, we really wanted her with us. She is so spunky. Lol So excited! :D

Your mom is very lucky to have such a caring daughter. I'm taking my youngest adult daughter on the Freedom the day before your cruise. She's soooo excited, and deserves this treat. Hope you have a wonderful time.

She is going!! Her birthday is May 28th so my sister, brother and I told her it would be our birthday gift to her. She agreed (she is funny about us grown kids "paying her way" for no reason). I am going to call tomorrow and get it all paid for and taken care of. I'll let you know how that process goes.

Thanks so much for all the help. This has made my day. My mom is my best friend and although my daughter and I would have had fun, we really wanted her with us. She is so spunky. Lol So excited! :D

Excellent. I hope the booking process is smooth.

Got it all taken care of. It was a fairly painless process. I didn't have a long wait when I called. The process took about 40 minutes but the representitive was very patient while I reviewed everything online. All the numbers I was given yesterday added up properly today and I was able to book her and add the beach day excursion for her for $215.

I had to purchase the excursions again and my drink package but no big deal. I redid our online check in and my time dining preferences. The only piece of the puzzle left is there is a $199.00 credit on the account. Hopefully that will come back on the card in the next few days so it can cover the drink package I had to purchase over.

Thank you all again for the advice. Being able to do the hold on the other JS was not something I thought of and gave me peace of mind while she decided.