Oasis/Allure/Harmony Deck 14 balcony question.

bobbyc1056

Hi, first time posting. We're saling on Harmony of the Seas at the end of May. We are in cabin 14682 and 14684. When I look at the ship, these balconies have a large supporting wall for the deck above. I couldn't find any information or picture as to how much the view is obstructed. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

We were in 14676 on Harmony in November. There is a large protruding portion of the deck above. Not a big deal for us as we look out or down for the sea, not up. But I can see how this might bother some people.

Excuse my ugly mug. :)

14940204_10210657061719820_7088107026094698873_o.jpg?psid=1

I've been on Allure's deck 14. The only two noises were the chairs and loungers being moved around 8am, and the music from the Solarium Party on formal nights but they turn it off at midnight. Other than that, no issues.

I used a travel agent, the first time I booked with Royal and now I booked through Royal myself directly.

I found so far I am better at researching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree...This is often the case...after all you only have one client...yourself ;)

We were very near to your room on the Harmony. HATED IT. Very loud early in the am to late in the evening. I remember the Zumba classes -- the "woo whoooing" it was endless.

I found it to be extremely noisy between the pool, chairs being scraped- the live music etc.

I always laugh that some of the best rooms are right under the loudest parts of the ship..

If you can move- I can not stress enough how you should. The closed balcony door did not mute the noise.

• 9 months later...

We were in 14701 on the Oasis in September. The week before the cruise, I realized that our room was directly beneath the basketball court (don't know why it didn't register before). It was amazing how quiet our room was. . .day or night. Never heard a thing.

We were in 14701 on the Oasis in September. The week before the cruise, I realized that our room was directly beneath the basketball court (don't know why it didn't register before). It was amazing how quiet our room was. . .day or night. Never heard a thing.

Thank you! Good to know!

Sometimes you can get lucky...but why take the chance if you don't have to ;)

I've had a few cabins on deck 14 and never had an issue. I pay attention to what area I am below and haven't had an issue. When I was on Harmony I had a cabin below the basketball court, not by choice as it was the only one left. It ended up not being an issue at all. Never heard a sound. The basketball court closes relatively early also so no issues at night. I like the convenience of being only one flight of stairs away from the pool deck. I find that it is easy to run back to the cabin during the day if I forget or need something.

had 14636 assigned under a 'let us pick your junior suite' just a couple of weeks ago

was happy to see we were on the hump with a larger balcony

and concerned that we were immediately under the kids pool / splash zone.

short story ... during the day we heard some thumping and bumping, not a lot but I'll admit that day one, it concerned me. But by the time we returned for lights out at night it was totally quiet. In fact being so far 'in the middle of the ship' and far from either set of lifts, it was super quiet IMO with NO walk by traffic {btw I'm a SUPER light sleeper .... side effect of having been a ship captain .... any sound or sound change wakes me}

The noise never woke us up early or kept us up at night. My only complaint was the a@@ who kept smoking on his balcony up wind of us ....

Don't see a problem with that, except I'd rather have the bed by the balcony.

Thanks Bob... going on a girls cruise with my sisters... we will be 4 in the room[emoji33]. Royal assures me there is a sofa bed and a pull down bunk... [emoji484][emoji484][emoji485][emoji485]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums