Pride spring break or summer?

LUCINDA574

Hi all! So I just redeemed on MyVegas a 7 night cruise on the Pride from Baltimore. It has to be taken before end of July 2018. We have never sailed with Carnival nor with my autistic 8 yr old son. We have DCL before but before he was born. I have two other daughters who will be almost 12 and 14 when we go and am unsure when we should cruise. I cannot pull the girls out of school, they are both in gifted programs that missing a week of would be killer plus we have state testing they cant miss. So we can book anytime after June 1st through July 31 or spring break the first week of April is open for the kids. Any suggestions? I have 12 days before I have to book a date....

I would say summer. Having done both when my kid was younger. The summer is more relaxing because you can take your time before and after the cruise. Springbreak felt rushed because they get out of school and your leaving, and they have to go back the day after you dock. Also,wouldn't weather be better?? I don't sail out of Baltimore so I'm really just asking.

I think some of this will depend on how you are getting to Baltimore for the cruise. The Pride runs Sunday to Sunday, if driving coming home on Sunday and being ready for school the next day might be a bit stressful if you decide on the Easter break time period. Flying in may make the travel smoother but that depends on direct flights from where you live. If possible arrive Saturday before embarkation, and use one of the many hotels that offer snooze and cruise packages, many will also have free transport to various sights in the Inner Harbor area.

Departure and return weather is nicer in the summer from Baltimore, but the Pride does have a retractable roof over the center Lido deck pool making it usable even when snow (usually Dec- Feb) is on the ground in Baltimore. The Pride usual run is down to the Bahamas where the hurricane season starts June 1st (and runs through Nov 30th). Though most hurricanes tend to happen in August - October, June and July can have it's share of high humidity and rain, though without a tropical front the rain is usually only an hour or 2. The Bahamian Department of Tourism recommends visiting October - April to avoid the higher chances of rain while still having comfortable temperatures in the high 70's low 80's with water temps ranging 72-76 degrees. In June and July the air temps can reach the high 80's through the 90's with the possible feel like temp nearing 100 due to humidity, water temps are about 78-82 degrees the beginning of summer.