'New' site to visit in London

marylizcat

i saw an article in the paper today which may be of interest to visitors to London who are keen on Roman remains. They are opening the 'Mithraeum' temple under the new Bloomberg building to the public. Entry is free, but must be pre-booked on londonmithraeum.com. There are also about 600 artefacts found while digging out the foundations of this new building on show in their museum.

i saw an article in the paper today which may be of interest to visitors to London who are keen on Roman remains. They are opening the 'Mithraeum' temple under the new Bloomberg building to the public. Entry is free, but must be pre-booked on londonmithraeum.com. There are also about 600 artefacts found while digging out the foundations of this new building on show in their museum.

Wow! Thanks for posting this - this will definitely be on my must see list during my next visit to London.

If anyone is interested in Roman artefacts, we recommend a visit to the Museum of London at the Barbican - they have some fascinating articles and displays there - much more up close and accessible than at the British Museum. Would also recommend the Guildhall Museum as above.