LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

Hello everyone, and welcome to another instalment of my LIVE From photo blogs.

There have been some time changes to our port calls, and Colon was changed to Cristobal, due to the CB's ongoing propulsion issues, but that isn't going to stop us from having a great time!

Follow along over the next 10 days as we visit Falmouth, Cartagena, the New Canal Locks, Cristobal, Limon, and Grand Cayman.

Steve.

We flew from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale Friday evening, and stayed at the Marriott Beach Place Towers, where we got a gorgeous suite.

6f963eddf983d8e0e8ce1b78b8079edb.jpg

d7a3a0370e5d4e9b3fe0add71fcfe2eb.jpg

d9ba14589a75ce1b5f2a1365fb4d7674.jpg

3ccf3c8c7bd6a3b73d3cf49322d17f1f.jpg

3995897a4becb0ac02a853aeab1a87fa.jpg

The weather wasn’t great today, with rain most of the day. Once it stopped, we ventured out for a short stroll, with jackets on! It only made it up to 18C/65F today, and it will be cold tonight, so boarding tomorrow with coats!

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Steve (CandaianBurger), loved following along on your last review. This one I'm even looking forward to more as we will be on the Caribbean Princess January 3, 2018 to the Panama Canal. It will be our first cruise to the area and were anxious to go. You still post the best pictures I've ever seen on a live thread. Have a great day tomorrow boarding the ship and sail away. Hope the weather is little better.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

It is cold for FLL,isn't it?

You should be boarding soon. We arrived on schedule this time. We're onboard and had a really nice cruise. Looking forward to this one.

Also looking forward to meeting you. Have always enjoyed your live reports. Only major issue onboard has been the slow internet. Won't be good until ocean medallion goes live in March.

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dropped off my wife and our bags at Terminal 4. There’s a sign for cars to stay left, and they’ll wave you left, but that’s for pickup. Drop off is to the right. Had a car rented from National at FLL, but if you’re renting from National or Alamo, there’s an Alamo location right outside the south entrance to the port, and cars can be dropped there with no additional charge. They have a shuttle back to the cruise terminal.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums